SaltCritters.com

really young mushrooms

me03

Does anyone have any pictures of mushrooms, polyps and aiptasia? What do they look like when they're very small? I've got a new tank with lots of life, no digital camera and scanner down. Just looking for a little help then adivice.

Hey Crakeur! Are you REALLY supposed to use that 'Search' thing!? I always thought red/orange flashing stuff were nature's way of telling us to STAY AWAY from that!!! hehehe :P

I've done a search, but as you might have noticed there are no pictures of any mushrooms, polyps or Aiptasia in their early stages. Can you provide any help? I know you guys have flamed a lot of people about aiptasia. I've read several very funny threads, but I would like some constructive help. Thanks

I don't have any pictures, but the really young mushrooms that I have seen look just like the bigger ones except they are kind of transparent. Baby polyps just look small. Baby aiptasia in my tanks have a long thin stem with a small head. The only thing I have seen in my tanks that could be mistaken for baby aiptasia is a single tiny stalk of xenia.

Thank you deskjocky & lizbeth. I've looked thru the search engines on this site but found very little on the early stages of growth. Any help I can get is greatly appreciated!

Archived