Cultivated Reef

was bored so i took some pic's of my planted tank inhabbitants.

formerly icyuodd/icyoud2

formerly icyuodd/icyoud2

i ripped out 10lbs of macro. (i threw it on a scale-just under 5kilos 2.2lbs per kilo)a 25g sump full.

IMG_8625.jpg

i figure another 10kilos and i'll be all good :P

and the pruned aquarium

IMG_8663.jpg

clifford513

That's by far my favorite macro tank when it is pruned up nicely. Were the inhabitants carefully thought out, or just random based on availability? They look perfect for that setup and it looks like you planned everything meticulously.

formerly icyuodd/icyoud2
That's by far my favorite macro tank when it is pruned up nicely. Were the inhabitants carefully thought out, or just random based on availability? They look perfect for that setup and it looks like you planned everything meticulously.

first and formost i wanted pipefish so stinging corals were out of the question.

i'd like to say it was well thought out, but who am i kidding.lol however, i do have alot of critters i wouldn't dream of putting in a reef situation.

i'd bet, more than 50% of the stocking list is hitchikers from both aquariums. crabs, nudi's opsitobranches,pistol shrimp etc etc.

the gobies and other pipe friendly fish were however carefully picked. (mainly based on the adult size/temperment.

Archived