Innovative Marine Aquariums

Everyone come give your opinion!

Aggie05

So I just went to my LFS and saw that in between my last visit they have set up nanos for sale. I don't know if anyone has seen these before but there are these little half gallon tanks with a mini power filter on them and a 7 watt PC light. In the tank they had some LS, LR, button polyps, green star polyps, a leather frag, a peppermint shrimp, some bubble algae, and 4 snails. The price was 99 bucks for the entire package. I'm really tempted to buy it and set it on my desk instead of doing a 10 or 5 gallon tank. Any thoughts? He says he is doing daily cup water changes and top offs are twice a day. It loses about an inch of water or more a day. I'm really torn on whether I should get one of these or just do a 5 gallon. I know the 5 would allow for more stuff, and even a fish, but I think it would probably cost me two to three times as much also. Opinions wanted.

I believe that is the azoo you are talking about. The only problem is heat. In a LFS that keeps the room temp at 79 instead of heaters in every tank, it is fine. For home use with no heater (and I wouldn't try one in it) it is not fine if your room temperature is below optimal levels at all times. They are great for Bettas though. If you really wanted to try it, I would suggest to just buy the empty tank for alot less and slowly stock it to see if things live at home in it.

the temperature is my only concern. I am leaning towards just pulling the funds out of my savings and starting a 5 gallon because I am tired of waiting.

Archived