Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

first 3 gallon pico

exigency

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cool looking pico! i just bought that exact light fixutre for my tank... how do you like it? It looks like it works fairly well, and looks slick as well.

i love it since i only got it for 10 dollars, haha, it works real well to me, i want to change the actual bulb though. i'll do a pic update of my tank soon enough, i've got it kinda packed, i'll probably get flamed for some of the things i have in it =x

flame away, but do keep in mind that i am setting up a new 29 gallon tank for the fish when i move to college in a couple of weeks :P

teaser fts

IMG_2719.jpg

more pics.

rock i am trying to cover with rics

IMG_2721.jpg

acan lord

IMG_2722.jpg

fungia (played with pshop)

IMG_2723.jpg

frogspawn, pinks, and orange/white/green zoos

IMG_2724.jpg

sps frags and orange zoos

IMG_2725.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hey do you have any probs with the fish? Do they add a lot of bioload? I know you are going to transfer them but just wondering how they cope in a 3gal

cool looking pico! i just bought that exact light fixutre for my tank... how do you like it? It looks like it works fairly well, and looks slick as well.

I just bought this light off eBay for my Picotope today. Can't wait to get it set up.

Update? Beautiful clown.

thanks, i will update later today. i've been busy with college, work, and what not.

Hey do you have any probs with the fish? Do they add a lot of bioload? I know you are going to transfer them but just wondering how they cope in a 3gal

i have absolutely no problems with the fish. the sixline is now gone into a bigger tank, i only have the clown and it is doing fine. i've received many comments about stunting of the fish and what not, but it seems to have shown some growth as commented by visitors of my house. the clown will be gone soon though, i may make it an all coral tank, or maybe have a tiny neon or clown goby.

I just bought this light off eBay for my Picotope today. Can't wait to get it set up.

haha, i am actually thinking about buying a coralife 32w PC instead, i've heard that the spectrum of the odyssea lights isn't perfect or something of the other, but i'll continue to look into that. otherwise, it's a cool looking light and it's been working well enough to allow my acan lord to develop some more polyps, and i presume that's good.

haha, i am actually thinking about buying a coralife 32w PC instead, i've heard that the spectrum of the odyssea lights isn't perfect or something of the other, but i'll continue to look into that. otherwise, it's a cool looking light and it's been working well enough to allow my acan lord to develop some more polyps, and i presume that's good.

From all that I have read, the spectrum shift of the lights is due to the bulbs that they send with the fixture. Seems like they ship it with a crappy bulb which I will probably replace within a month or two. Glad to hear that is allowing your acan to grow. It seems like it should be enough light to sustain just about anything you would want to put in a 3G tank. My light should be here today. At least that is what the UPS website tells me. We shall see.

From all that I have read, the spectrum shift of the lights is due to the bulbs that they send with the fixture. Seems like they ship it with a crappy bulb which I will probably replace within a month or two. Glad to hear that is allowing your acan to grow. It seems like it should be enough light to sustain just about anything you would want to put in a 3G tank. My light should be here today. At least that is what the UPS website tells me. We shall see.

yeah, that's what i've read too, but i've been to lazy to search the net for a bulb, if you do find one, please let me know :D .

nice tank

oh, lord argent has blessed me. haha, thanks, but i don't have a tank no where near the ranks of you.

• 1 month later...

ahhh! i just recently moved to arlington, not far from my former location of garland for college. my tank is on the fritz after just getting over a cyano breakout. i'll really try and update this time and i've got a whole lot of new stuff that some of you may want to see! a lot has changed, i'll take some pictures this week for sure.

uglytank.jpg

well, i don't know many people out here in arlington, so i had to take pictures with my camera PHONE. the quality is very, very bad and you can't really see my corals very well. once i get a better camera, maybe i could impress some of you few.

yeah, that's what i've read too, but i've been to lazy to search the net for a bulb, if you do find one, please let me know :D .

Your pico is looking great!

I just bought a Coralife 50/50 bulb from ThatPetPlace. The bulb was $13.49 plus shipping. I haven't gotten it yet, but I think it should be a much better bulb than the one that came with the fixture. Here is a link to my tank as it sits now.

well, i am actually thinking about buying a 70w mh retro fit for my pico, but thanks! i still might used my fixture with an atinic light bulb though from, i believe it was illuming.com

well, i am actually thinking about buying a 70w mh retro fit for my pico, but thanks! i still might used my fixture with an atinic light bulb though from, i believe it was illuming.com

That's too funny. I am thinking about doing the same thing myself. I will check out illuming to see what they have. I just don't feel that the 24W light is enough. I want to try some SPS in the tank, so the MH would be good.

i've got some more pictures from my phone that i just took. i thought i could take better pictures, but i've given up, so i just took a bunch of pics of random things in the tank.

zoo%20rock.jpg

multicolored zoo rock with blues, greens, and beiges.

sps.jpg

a couple of more zoos and sps pieces.

sideview.jpg

a sideview of my tank. i left the legs of my odyssea fixture back home.

orange%20zoos.jpg

orange paly's

fungia.jpg

orange fungia, the camera does it absolutely no justice.

frogspawn.jpg

some more zoos and a frogspawn.

acan.jpg

my acan lord that isn't looking too pretty in the picture.

Archived