Coral Vue Hydros

Pic of float switch holder I made today.

reefphreak

I just wanted to share my idea that I came up with today at work with all of you. I might be an newbie but I'm not an idiot. Well, maybe I should get another opinion on that. :) Ok, I'm a PHREAK !

looks good but maybe you should have made the upper arm extention a bit longer as to move the physical switch as far away from the back panel of your tank without making it ugly. reasoning is that (as discussed in a recent thread) are really devil-spawn in a shell and like to mess around with that white bobbly thing. howevery, if you pop a cage over it (again, see the thread for a different design ideas) you're probably good to go :D

I'm gonna have two float switches on my tank and they are gonna be wired in series to prevent a flood in my house. I am gonna have one in each corner of the tank. These are not going on my 7 bow,they are going on my 29. I can handle adding water by hand to my bow everyday.

I just figured it would be foolproof to have them wired so that one could not work without the other that way if one malfunctions the other one would save the day and the carpet. :)

I dont have anything to add, but I do have to say: THAT REDUNDANCY IDEA IS GENIUS, BLOODY GENIUS... I have just recieved my 10 pack for $20 and I have to do that!!!

I do wonder however, the ratings for the electricity on these floats: How big can we go? Could I go as big as a MagDrive 500?

An Aquaclear 5000, a MaxiJet600?, or an Eheim 2252?

Oh, yeah, because the snails will decide to bum rush the 'floaty white things' at the top of the tank one night in a two pronged attack...er, um, maybe...So the moral of the story is: Dont get more than one snail at once or...maybe make sure the number of float switches you have in your tank is more than the number of snails you have. God, Im going to need a few more...

I agree that the chances are extremely low, but if there is any chance why take one. Put something like a film canister with a bunch of holes around one of the floats and you have complete insurance. Just a thought.

Archived