ReefCleaners.org

My .75g update

riotj

Pie Ninja - don't know what you mean. The light fixture that comes with the tank is on a screw on type clamp which you attach to the side of the aquarium. I took it apart and sawed the arm in half so that the light was closer to the water. Also, I alternated between keeping the light directly on an acrylic cover I made for the tank and attached on the side. It stood most of the day directly on the tank.

My concern with keeping it at the office is when everyone goes home - off goes the a/c, and in warm climates up up goes the temp. Keep that in mind with these small tanks.

Ahh, thanks for describing the light fixture. I didn't know you had cut down the arm of the light and that it was just resting on the acrylic cover. But in the picture, it sure looks like it's somehow glued to the tank exterior! My mistake in assuming it was glued on :blush:

I've actually dropped by work on weekends in the past during odd hours and found that they have the a/c on 24/7 surprisingly... I guess I can add that to my "reasons to have a pico at work" list. Another question, how much evap did you have with this pico when it was running? :)

pieninja - yes there was evaporation even with the cover but not that much. I added about a 1/4 of a turkey baster full - very scientific.

eefgeek - it's on page two of this forum - maybe page three by now.

thanks folks but it is no longer. Upgraded to a 2.5 as I mentioned. It's now my frag tank. Have you taken a look at the 2.5? It's on page two or three of this forum under riotj.

• 2 months later...

Archived