inTank Media Baskets

New 20H pics!

MacnReef

whoa very clean. im suprised how clean your gravel looks. did you siphon it right before you took the picture? with all that light i would think algae would be everywhere. the fuge is cool too. any animals in there. looks like a cool place to keep a crab. i'm beginning to really like these 20H's.

Thanx Scruz!

Actually, I don't ever siphon the gravel! At this time I have some diatoms but very little and goes away quick...my float switch keeps sticking and almost causing a major problem on my automatic top-off. Had to drain a few gallons this morning because of it and add some highly salted water to bring my salt level back up. Looks like I will top-off with saltwater until my level is ok again.

Anyways, I don't have anything in my fuge as of yet, besides some snails. Any recommendation on fish or invert for it.

Finally, I may be moving some more of my rock from my display to my fuge later and added new "cured" rock to the display. Not sure yet. I like it the way it is!

BTW, I only have 3-55W bulbs on it now. Still missing one 03.

OK GUYS!!!! I have had 158 views and only one response....that must mean something bad. I am looking for any comments. Good or bad!

Hopefully good!

Thanx

Mac,

Compliments on your setup. I am curious as to what the water flowing into the sump is going into. What are you using to minimize bubbles and noise? I have a very similar sump/refugium and am trying to avoid micron socks and foam sponges.

Thanks for any help and thanks for the nice pics.

Pete

i'm withholding comment until chris reinstates post counts:|

that was a joke.

i sense a new more sinister hierarchy developing:x

Nice tank! and cute dog!

tg

Macnreef -

Your tank is great! I think there most be something wrong with me, though. I'm starting to enjoy looking at pictures of refugiums more than I like looking at tanks. I think it is my inner Mr. FixIt coming out.

For fuge stocking suggestions: Can you put an animal in there that will help you keep up with trimming the macroalgae. Some kind of herbiferous crab maybe? I don't know. Might be hard to balance critter appetite and macro growth-rate.

Now that is responses!

Reefnewbie, THANX!

SK8reef, actually the two drains are at one end and I do not run any filter floss or sock. I just use some lr to break up the water rushing into the sump. I have a glass divider before the pump that is 6" high and that prevents all bubbles from entering my pump. Also, I used an elbow on the inlet of my pump and turned it down to aid in that!

Twin Guys, I guess you seen my post.:D

Cam Barr, I am currently running 55W 6700K, 65W 8800K and one 03. I have the hook up for another 03, but all my local suppliers are out. I think that I really need the other 03, it is too white in my opinion.

Drew, good luck...I made mine as simple as possible...I think simplicity works best!

Finally, I added one thing last night. I added a check valve on the outlet of my pump so that I could lower my return lines in the water so hit some dead spots! Now I don't have to worry about flooding! :)

Thanx for all the replys. Tank is always a work in process...but like I have said before. The one thing I wish I had more of was coralline! I hate rocks that are without it! I have really started dosing Part A&B and mag. Hopefully this will help.

BTW, the 03 is a 55W and the other 03 will be a 55W. Giving me a total of 230W of pc! I think that will allow for everything I want to grow!

Thanx again!

Don't know how I missed your reply!X)

I agree, I am really starting to like the look of fuges too. I had very little die off of my caulerpa, but all is going well now. I do have some cyano in there, but I think I will get a crab or something to aid in that!

Thanx

Great looking tank!! I love the fuge. I might have to turn my sump into a fuge: I am having probs with micro bubbles returning to my tank.

"I used an elbow on the inlet of my pump and turned it down to aid in that!"

I think I will try it. Thanks.

Looks great. Nice rockscaping. I always want a 20H (I said the same for the 7Alife :D ). The problem is I have 2 tanks (7Alife and 18Gal Via Aqua) in my bed room already. I think for nano, 18Gal, and 20Gal are the best. Just enough room for lots of thing, cheaper lighting (2x55W or 2x36W will do) and no skimmer needed. Now if you move to 30Gal, that's a different story.

Cyber

Cyber, I agree! 20H, I think is perfect. I had a 10g originally, but did not have enough room for what I wanted. So I went to a 20H.

You guys know what the weird thing is about this tank!

This tank is the first tank I ever had for salt water. After I used it, I moved up to a 55 then gave this tank to my mom, who I set it up for salt and she had it running for about 2 yrs then tore it down and stored it in her shed! I found it while I was over her house and it was still in perfect condition! I asked for it back and took it to work and had it drilled the next day. Then I switched out my old 20H to this one!

MacnReef,

Dam, I wish I can convince my g/f to let me put a third tank in my bedroom. I like to take my 18Gal down but then it's too nice to have it around (seamless curves). I already made a 20H canopy and desktop stand. Just ready for a right moment, Muahahaha. Fear ME!!!! <-- Hehehe

Cyber

Thanx!

Actually, the tank looks a whole lot better now. I added the other 03 light and it made a huge difference! I also had a lfs curing some lr for me and I went and picked it up on Saturday, so now all my lr has great coralline growth.

I will try to get a picture soon.

My hammer, gsp, shrooms, & zoos look 10 times better with the other 03 now running. So now I am running a total of 240 of pc. 1-65W 8800K, 1-55W 6700K, 1-55W 03, 1-65W 03.

Thanx again!

MacnReef

Archived