SaltCritters.com

New Colony and More Pics ( lots of bandwith )

sci33

A friend can't view my reef central post so I'm posting over here again for him..

Friends were grouping an order and got free shipping so I decided to get in on it too.. got this piece for 29 bucks total. It's almost 5" long, great polyp extension even in the shipping bag, and although pics just show a light brown acro its actually more like yellow tips with a peach/orange color at the corallites. Got 2 commensal crabs too , so we'll see what color it ends up turning into couple weeks down the road.

P1010001.JPG

P1010047.JPG

I seem to be having good success with wild colonies, or atleast my tank is. I got this piece about 2 weeks ago, and already some nice pink tips are starting to develop.

P1010048.JPG

I got this purple tipped humilis type acro frag that has begun encrusting and a pink table frag that's doing well also.

P1010017.JPG

My purple tip colony is probably my fastest grower and holds the purple more vividly farther away from the bulb, although the farthest I can put it (lowest down in the tank), is still about 14" from the bulb..

P1010023.JPG

This rock of tenius style frags have bluish purple tips and although they remained stagnant in my tank for the past 2 months (while holding color), they are now encrusting well. They looked to me like they were bleaching so I put them in the shadows for a month but still held the same color.. so I'm just gonna go with it (hopefully they will encrust together since they're supposedly from the same mother colony).

P1010006.JPG

My tank doesn't hold green that well but this is a green plating montipora sp. frag with purple polyps. I got 2 of these frags as it broke in shipping and I'm gonna give the second one to another local person as it should turn bright green in his tank..

P1010031.JPG

This frag has just been changing color for the past few weeks ( used to be brown with green polyps, then developed hot pink tips, and has now settled on a deep reddish pink color on the tips), but is now putting on some vertical growth.

P1010041.JPG

Archived