Coral Vue Hydros

Pico1's 55 gal. reef thread

pico1

Well I am turning my 55 gallon FOWLR tank into a reef.

Lighting consists of 2, 20" 150w sunpod HQI fixtures. Filtration consists of a fuge w/built in skimmer and a mini aqualight lighting the fuge on a reverse photo period.For circulation I have a maxijet 1200 w/hydor flo attachment and a surge 3500 return pump. My fish so far are a yellow tang, a maroon clown, 4 blue/green chromis, a royal gamma, and a lawnmower blenny (also a hippo tang that I am giving to the LFS for store credit in a day or 2). I have 2 cleaner shrimp, a few crabs, and a few snails. Let me know what you think. Here are some pics as of right now. I will update often as things change with this tank.

abcd001.jpg

abcd002.jpg

abcd003.jpg

Also I still have about 7 lbs. of live rock to add

I wanted the canopy look and the pendant height/heat advantages. Also it costs the same either way. Temps are at 80* at night at reach a high if 82* in the afternoon but thats with no fans in the canopy and a glass cover on the tank so I'm still experimenting.

also added some turcoise zoos, a pink/green toadstool, 2 purple mushrooms, 5 hairy mushrooms, and an unidentified neon green soft coral that was given to me. Will post pics tomorrow.

I also took the hippo to the LFS for store credit knowing he would eventually be too big

also added cheato to the fuge

yeah I'm planning on adding a sieo 1500 still and hope fully some nice sps and clams soon. The bulb on the right still hasn't broken in all the way.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived