inTank Media Baskets

Watchman Goby?

Wigguh Noony

Hey Guys..

I am thinking about getting a Watchman Goby for my tank. It's not a nano, but ya know...Its a 125 Gallon. I only have easy fish for now..Like damsels, and clowns. What can you tell me about the Watchman Goby? Is it easy?

cliffrouse11baseball

I have a yellow watchman goby that I hardly ever see he burrows in the sand in the back of the tank. Every now and then I will see hiim come foward and grab a mouthful of sand and sift it through his gills. I think they have a symbolic relationship with the pistol shrimp also. Here is a pic...

With all that room, go for one of the orange-spotted diamond gobies. They're similar (will befriend a pistol) but get larger and are much cooler looking IMO. They're both pretty easy to keep.

Could I keep both???? :|

cliffrouse11baseball: I have a yellow watchman goby that I hardly ever see he burrows in the sand in the back of the tank. Every now and then I will see hiim come foward and grab a mouthful of sand and sift it through his gills. I think they have a symbolic relationship with the pistol shrimp also. Here is a pic...

You mentioned him sifting the sand through his gills. My sand isnt live.. Would that be a problem?

Thanks.

symbolic! LOL, very symbolic man, like on american dreams where the young white hottie befriends the sweet african american boy (her dad's employee's son). i guess i never knew about the struggle for equality between shrimps and gobies. can't we all just get along, like the pistol and the watchman! no offense clifford!

tg

I have a blue and pink spotted watchman that is paired with a tiger pistol shrimp in my 65gal. They are the most fun to watch. Get the biggest shrimp and goby you can, from what i have read, the larger they are the less they stress for some reason. Good luck.

Archived