Cultivated Reef

10g nano progress

usafresq82

Hey everyone I wanted to post the progress I am making on my 10g. I have found that silicone is alot messier than I thought it was, the divider is actually plexi glass. I went to Home Depot and asked for acryllic but they gave me plexi glass instead. I figure it would work. I cut the dimensions of it 19 5/8ths" long and 10 3/4" tall. I don't have my paper work infront of me to be positive about those measurements but I will double check them and let yall know. I drilled in two holes one high one low that are 3/4 ". I plan on connecting power heads with piping to those holes for circulation. Anyways, here are the pics. Also the pic of the tank is not where it actually is. I will post those pics later on. And I used my webcam to take the pics...nuttin special on my budget LOL. Enjoy and give me some feed back. I plan on "trimming" the silicone up with a razor blade.

the messy pic LoL

can anyone give me an idea as to how to get the real small strands of dryed up silicone out of the tank before I add in sand, rock, and water?

Let me say this. Once you have live rock, sand and coralline encrusting every light-exposed surface in your tank, you won't be that concerned about a few strands of silicone. :)

Archived