Innovative Marine Aquariums

lfs job

darkwaterdevil

Good for you. Don't ###### around.

I mean muck around.

Seriously, don't take it for granted.

the employee discount is awesome (mine was 25-50%) but I ended up spending all of my paycheck on livestock every month.

Wow, who would want to own a fish store? You know you're lucky to even break even....?

I don't know about that. Few really do, even if they appear to be. You'd be amazed at how expensive it is to pay rent, electical, employees, and so on....

But it's fun to work at an lfs, for sure.

lol...Now THAT ish makes BANK. ($40 to cut my mini-poodle's fur?!--wtf?!)

formerly icyuodd/icyoud2

for those of you with lfs employment.....

do you find working at a pet store takes away from your hobby/aquariums at home.

do your aquariums suffer because of it?

i mean after 40 hours of clean aquariums, etc the last thing id wanna do on the weekend is clean aquariums. lol

I want to work at a LFS. Those discounts must be nice. But I think I will be fired really fast for not BS'ing the people.

I'm lucky I work at an LFS that prides itself on not BSing people. Or I'd be ######ed.

Icy - Yes....It does. See my 14 pages of drama, lol! ;):P I still find the occasional gem that I "must have", including those that were in my tank and I just "had to keep". My green and purple blasto was the sole reason for keeping a reef tank, and I'm glad I did. It's a cutie. Plus, I've found a few more nice bits since then.

formerly icyuodd/icyoud2
I'm lucky I work at an LFS that prides itself on not BSing people. Or I'd be ######ed.

Icy - Yes....It does. See my 14 pages of drama, lol! ;):P I still find the occasional gem that I "must have", including those that were in my tank and I just "had to keep". My green and purple blasto was the sole reason for keeping a reef tank, and I'm glad I did. It's a cutie. Plus, I've found a few more nice bits since then.

i was trying to avoid, the 14 pages of drama. didnt want to ruin my impression of you :P :P j/k

i've had many hobbies over the years, always thought i'd like to be my own boss and persuit one as a career.

seems everytime i give it serious consideration, i lose interest :)

just for the record, i never want to own/work at a pet store. i'd end up broke with a house full of animals i just couldn't sell, and couldn't afford to feed :)

just for the record, i never want to own/work at a pet store. i'd end up broke with a house full of animals i just couldn't sell, and couldn't afford to feed

Quoted for truth.

working at an lfs has definatley taken some of the fun out of the hobby

now about this "don't muck around" crap

working at a fish store is a job that calls for some serious slacking

out of an 8 hour day, I probably only do 3-4 hours of actual work...the rest is just me staring into space

welcome to the working world...

3-4 hours...Are you kidding me? 15-20 minutes, TOPS. ;)

well, yes. probably 1 hour of actual labor, 2-3 hours of listening to customers complain because I won't just sell them something and would rather help them figure out what is causing their problem, and them screaming at me for that, and then 4-5 hours of doing absolutely nothing.

Yeah, exactly. An hour of getting wet and dirty (haha, shut up), two hours of customers getting mad at me because tanks don't just magically work like the ocean does, and the rest is hopeless, hopeless, mind-numbing boredom.

Yeah, exactly. An hour of getting wet and dirty (haha, shut up), two hours of customers getting mad at me because tanks don't just magically work like the ocean does, and the rest is hopeless, hopeless, mind-numbing boredom.

It could be worse Ceasar, you could have my job, fixing the computers Microsoft employees break on a daily basis. How much of my brain do you tink it takes to turn screws? By the way I am sure its been awnsered elseware but I have never come across it, which LFS do you work for?

darkwaterdevil

none yet but i applied if your talking to me i am applying to a place called 3 guys pets although the other 2 guys backed out so its actualy 1 guy now

darkwaterdevil

started today after work at the ZONE autozone and his reef tank with the sump out in the open flooded not 1 time but 2 times first when the power went out there and after i cleaned up the mess and refilled it it did it again. he is going to get a check valve tomarrow for the tank

Archived