Cultivated Reef

How to take the hood off a 24 Aqua Pod?

newbie2

And while were at it. I want to add a 2nd fan. Do i need a capacitor or a resistor to get from 110v to 12v since I would really like to run on same circut as the lights......???

Thanks allpost-18514-1144272442_thumb.jpg

The first time I tried to remove the hood it scared me a little. Thought it would break the hinge. You need to open the top so it is pointing straight up (open 90 degrees). Grab the base of the hood (hinge side) on both sides and gently but firmly pull the base (hinge side of the hood) toward the front of the tank. You may want to wiggle one side out of the hinge then the next. It takes a little strength and practice but it will come off.

I added two new Stealth computer fans to my hood. All you need to do is cut the 2 prong connector off the stock fan and the 3 prong off the new fans. Splice the stock 2 prong to the new fan wires (both in one plug is fine for the stealth fans). Just splice the red and black wires. The yellow is a speed control, disregard it. This lowered the temp 2 degrees for me.

Switch the bulbs so the fans come on with the actinic

The first time I tried to remove the hood it scared me a little. Thought it would break the hinge. You need to open the top so it is pointing straight up (open 90 degrees). Grab the base of the hood (hinge side) on both sides and gently but firmly pull the base (hinge side of the hood) toward the front of the tank. You may want to wiggle one side out of the hinge then the next. It takes a little strength and practice but it will come off.

I added two new Stealth computer fans to my hood. All you need to do is cut the 2 prong connector off the stock fan and the 3 prong off the new fans. Splice the stock 2 prong to the new fan wires (both in one plug is fine for the stealth fans). Just splice the red and black wires. The yellow is a speed control, disregard it. This lowered the temp 2 degrees for me.

Switch the bulbs so the fans come on with the actinic

Thanks for the reply,,

Archived