SaltCritters.com

37g AGA Help out/Follow Along

VannReefer87

VannReefer87

Alright everyone, I've got some new things in my tank and some old things that were moved out. I also got my camera back so pictures and a big update ASAP~!

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright everyone....I know its been a long time since my last update..but I finally got around to getting some pictures and putting them on my computer...so I guess I start off with a few FTS and my beloved clowns....comments or advice appreciated! :)

forgot my one black saddleback clown :D

post-19347-1157222902_thumb.jpg

post-19347-1157222985_thumb.jpg

post-19347-1157223054_thumb.jpg

post-19347-1157223208_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Yea, the lion I have is in my avitar. My tank currently holds: 1 black saddleback clown, 1 picasso percula clown, 1 coral beauty angelfish, 1 pearly jawfish, 1 mulitbarred angelfish, 1 B/G chromis, and a six-line wrass. Yes I know, its a lot of fish in the tank. They're all happy even though I am breaking some rules(eg. 2 diff. clowns, 2 dwarf angels, etc.) and some are being moved to my 33g cube in a month when its finally up and running. The lion is up with my at colleg in a 10g, b/c my mom is affraid to get stung, but he's by himself and seems more active and happier. He is still only 3'' tops and will being goin in the cube too. Any more questions please ask :)

P.S. I'll prob get flammed for this...:/

the LFS guy showed me how to make it. Its foam insulant, sprayed on to egg crate with a bunch of rocks and shells thrown onto it to make it look natural.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok..few new things going on with this tank. First off, took off my PC lighting and hung a 150w MH over the tank with some VHO actinic supplementation. Seems brighter and I love the shimmer effect :). Bought a 4 inch peice of peach colored montipora that I picked up at the LFS that I now work at and the thing looks awesome!!!. Pics will be up soon.

• 2 weeks later...

hey been reading bout ur tank and it seems very similiar to wut i want to have going in my tank... been thinking bout getting that cpr refugium/protein skimmer... jus wondering how its been working for you and if you would recommend it

Hey dlim, I love my CPR refugium/skimmer combo, works really good for me...took a few weeks to break in the protein skimmer but has worked very well from there on out. If you have any other questions feel free to ask, welcome to N-R by the way :)

unfortunately my mandirin ended up getting stuck in my SEIO, I had him eating artic pods and live brine, was plumbing up and looking very good. Was not a good day...have another one now thats doing well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I just started dosing with B-Ionic 2 part system and noticing that my corals are opening bigger and looking better. The MH upgrade has made a huge difference as well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
alexmurovec

i like that background, its something different from what most people have. your tank is looking really good also. mind me asking, what is that big orange tenticle like coral?

• 3 weeks later...
MarvinsReef

hey, your last FTS was more than 3 months ago.. isn't there a rule for quarterly FTS.. LoLz.. j/k.. but yeah, FTS.... :D

• 6 months later...

thanks everyone, I'll have to post pics of this baby before it comes down..:(, everything in here will be going in my new 120!! :)

Archived