Pod Your Reef

Aquapod 12 Questions

CyCLOnE

Hello

i was planning to buy a aquapod 12 and i had some questions.

1) I saw a lot of lighting upgrades for the NC but not the Aquapod is their any?

2)What are some things i can put in the chambers for filtration because i always read of people taking the stock stuff out

3) Would i have to replace the pump in the aquapod or is it good enough?

thanks

AlexfromSATX
Hello

i was planning to buy a aquapod 12 and i had some questions.

1) I saw a lot of lighting upgrades for the NC but not the Aquapod is their any?

2)What are some things i can put in the chambers for filtration because i always read of people taking the stock stuff out

3) Would i have to replace the pump in the aquapod or is it good enough?

thanks

I bought the AP12 and I like it. I did take the stock stuff out of the back and I added:

Chamber 1 - LR rubble

Chamber 2 - Filter Floss

Chamber 3 - Nothing

Champer 4 - Heater and Maxi-Jet 1200

then I upgraded the fan in the hood and added another one as their is room for two. I also cut out the ventilation areas where the fans are to allow more air to escape. I tried adding a second pump into the tank but it created too much heat, so I took that out. Other than that I haven't had to worry about anything with my pod, I do have a fan also blowing across the top to keep it a little cooler as well.

• 3 months later...
I bought the AP12 and I like it. I did take the stock stuff out of the back and I added:

Chamber 1 - LR rubble

Chamber 2 - Filter Floss

Chamber 3 - Nothing

Champer 4 - Heater and Maxi-Jet 1200

then I upgraded the fan in the hood and added another one as their is room for two. I also cut out the ventilation areas where the fans are to allow more air to escape. I tried adding a second pump into the tank but it created too much heat, so I took that out. Other than that I haven't had to worry about anything with my pod, I do have a fan also blowing across the top to keep it a little cooler as well.

The MJ1200 isn't 'too strong' for your AP?

I use a maxi-jet 900 and if aimed incorrectly it blows my sand bed around the tank so research what you will need for flow before sticking that big jet in your tank.

As to upgrading the lighting it can be done but it is a bit more work then the nanocube.

Archived