Innovative Marine Aquariums

Is there anything that can be done.

Jose68

I have a three headed hammer.. on head was completely killed off , one is untouched and one is now starting to deteriorate.. i've moved my hammer away from the RBTA..The anemone decided to go on an adventure last week and climbed up the back glass of my tank and decided it wanted Direct water flow and wrapped it self around a return.( this was a period of 5 days) I then moved it back to the rock and left it there. as it was settleing it moved close to my hammer and stung two of the heads. and finally after about a week the anemone has now settled down in one place.. for now.. I think it's already to late for the two heads that got stung, but for future reference if a LPS gets stung by an anemone or another type coral is there any treatment that can be done to save the coral>?

Please I don't need anyone to say something like this : " for future reference don't put an anemone in you tank!" thats just not something I'm wanting to here.. of course now that I have said that someones going to say something. :angry:

Things get stung and the only thing you can do is prevent the stinging by making sure things that will sting or be stung don't touch. With an anemone, since it moves around, that is impossible to do. My advice would be to frag the good head of the hammer. If however, it does look like the 2 heads might rebound, give it a day, run some carbon to be safe, and watch to see if it is looking any better.

Your anemone raped itself?

Man, even asexual reproduction can get pretty crazy.

LOL !! corrected. :lol: OOPS !that was a Froydian slip now wasn't it. Spelling has been corrected. :lol:

neanderthalman

Ahem, grammar/spelling nazi here.......that's "wrapped"

I only said something 'cause it was already brought up. :P

Archived