inTank Media Baskets

Water quality of a softie tank

duckhuntboy

I'm just starting a new nano. and there's no corals in it thus far.

If I add some zoos, and eventually some xenia, or some miscellaneous softies, what kind of water stabilization do they need?

1. Alkalinity - What level should my tank be at?

2. PH - Where should it be (to have perfect PH)

3. Calcium - Do the corals I'm looking for need lots of it? What should my level be for those?

4. DT's Phyto - How much should I dose in a 7g minibow, with just a few corals?

Yes, I've tried the search button, but I'm looking for specifics to be sure about my specific tank. My specs are below.

harbingerofthefish

As for water qulity on these...Xenia I have no idea. My first frag melted down and died in a matter of days. 3 months later my new frag is still going after a week.

As far as buttons...I wouldn't sweat it too much. Probally the least tempermental and most hardy thing you can add to your tank.

I've dropped mine on the carpet while redecorating, washed them off and back in the tank...no problem. Probally goes for the shrooms too.

1 alk 3-4 range with Cal of 400-450-they work in tandem (the higher one gets the higher the other needs to be to balance)

2 Ph 8.2 +/-

3 the corals your looking at right now are not dependant on Cal. for growth. But corralline likes good Ca and Alk. so you can start getting your levels good for it to grow.

4 never used it...sorry

Archived