SaltCritters.com

Rick_J_G ALIFE after 1year

rickjg

Awesome Rick. Got any full tank shots from farther back?

I'm definitely not going to post any more pics of my DSB experimental Alife 7 now that I've seen your new tank pics. Puts mine to shame easily. :P

nice work rick! make me want to snap a few pics of mine own alife! maybe someday when the sexy (aka slightly annoying) shrimp haven't trampled or plucked everything.X)

tg

The skunk clown is a little on the shy side. It hides when someone beside myself gets close to the tank. The skunk clown does recognize me and beg for food, which is kind of cute. It has not adopted the hammer, but it does stay close by it. Skunks are social, so you can have more than one in a larger tank. They might not be as shy with more than one.

Thats awesome. Its the kind of thing that makes you want to go to work. When you take a sick day you probably go to work anyway to feed the fish.....That is your work right ??? heh

Beautiful A-life! Hey rick how did you go about replacing the a-life's electronics? I need to replace mine, and I've gutted the hood, but now I need to find an appropriate replacement, the fan died too....

Jill

Tank looks awsome rick :) my alife is coming along pretty good

made a small surface skimmer box today that within 2 min cleared up the surface scum ,will have some pics soon:)

Check this thread for info on the Workhorse II electronic ballasts.

If you want to upgrade your lighting to (2) bulbs, you can buy (1) ballast that will run both lights. I think you could fit (2) lights & (1) ballast in he ALIFE lens cover, but you might not have room left for the fan. Larger fans will attach directly to the (2) larger vent holes though.

Good Luck

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/showthread...20&pagenumber=3

Also check the Fulham web site

http://www.fulham.com/

The wiring diagram is at

http://www.fulham.com/wh2dia3.html

Hi JDNels "The Grim Reefer"

I would like more info on the surface skimmer box.

Surface scum is the one problem I have not tackled on my ALIFE

Rick

• 3 weeks later...

RICK_J_G NANO-REEF TANK

ALIFE 7 gallon tank, setup in February 2002

Upgraded ballast; electronic Work Horse II (replaced original lightbulb at the same time)

The back of the tank has 50 watt heater, and Rio pump (original pump had low water flow).

6 to 8 pounds of LR. Most pieces are less than one pound;

I was trying for the largest amount of diversity possible.

3 - pieces are purple encrusted from Fiji

1 - piece of green encrusted from the Marshal Islands

2 - pink encrusted from the Caribbean

1 - blue encrusted from Tonga

3" to 4" deep live sand bed w/ small plenum area at bottom

1 - Coral Banded Shrimp

1 - Pink Skunk Clown

12 - Blue Legged Hermit Crabs

2 - small turbo snails

4 - Bumble Bee Snails

1 - Euphyllia hammer coral

3 - Blue Mushrooms

Many - encrusting Red Sea pulsating Xenias

1 - unknown s.p. coral frag from co-worker

Misc macro algae including Halimedia.

• 4 months later...

Wow! That's beautiful! I'm just curious, do you have to do alot of maintenance to get it that beautiful? What do you have to do daily or weekly to it? I haven't had corals yet...but planning to.

Archived