ReefCleaners.org

18 gal cube

deacon hemp

Finally here's my tank,i bought a camera 2 day's ago and i didn't get to remove my weekly caulerpa before taking pics but i think

the macros and attinic shot's came out ok tell me what you think?

o ya the specs

18 gal glass cube 8 months old

175 watt mh 10000K with 20 watt attinic N.O.

25#s lr 20#s ls

sea clown 100 skimmer

301 ph with diy spraybar and mini rio ph

pair black and white perc clowns and purple firefish cleaner shrimp

sps lps and softies fer corals

and octi the serpent star [my freinds think he a octopus]

Originally posted by deacon hemp

how do you post more pics on one post

you don't, unless you link to pics that are hosted elsewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks a lot guys for the comment's,

tufty- my lighting does seem purple but it's only one 20 watt attinic and my pendant is ghetto i was going to make a nice hood

fer it but i'm in the process of upgading tanks to a 28 gal bow

with all the extras!this tank kind of is a lagoon from the caulerpa

growing like a foot a day lol.

jt-you say you like my first pics,i think they are horrible!!!i wish

i could delete them and start over lol.

• 3 weeks later...

SWEEEEET!!! I love cubes... having owned a few myself... Your tank is very nice....lil' bit o' everythin'!! I want to know what camera you are using...I am in to photography too, and that has got to be the best cleaner shrimp pic I've seen!! (looks like a book photo...just upside down.)

deacon hemp

Thanks wetworks fer the props it didn't look so good a month ago i'm slowly getting it to look better,i got a mithrax crab yesterday to help out.As fer the camera i'm using the nikon coolpix 990,i bought it used and i am sooooo happy with it!the thing takes the sweetest macro's,im also getting a couple of lens's fer it.

I like it. Finaly more people that don't think algae is somthing that should only be in a segregated refugium AKA gheto AKA labor camp. the white man is keeping us down! let your algae run free my brother!

deacon hemp

tgrupert thnx but i don't know if your kidding or not.lol i acually don't mind it if it's kept down to a minimum it makes a natural looking reef.it's on wild reefs everywhere.

in all seriousness I think even reef tanks shoulkd have a little bit of algae here and there, and not just coraline. the areas of the reef are not black and white, they definatly intermingle. I've noticed somne corals like eating macro. I';m nopt sure if it is all that good for them, but it's cool to watch. also from a design standpoint, little tufts of green help bring out the purple corals that we all have.

Archived