Coral Vue Hydros

future 3g

firefishbrain

firefishbrain

So I'm getting a 3g setup made by tom (the company), it includes lighting (18w 50/50) hob filter, and I'll probly be able to get free sand too! I'm moving my zoos (all but one frag are mounted) my purple mushroom and green ric along with my red sea xenia, the only thing not going is my gsp.

quick Q: could I put my firefish or my clown (probly not) in it by itself with my pom pom crab (He's definately going in, so I can see him more)?

my NC plans will be (if firefish goes) another clown (posibly or my present one will be alone) or if clown goes, some goby, probly a pistol/gobie combo.

let me know what you think, I have no expirience with tanks smaller than 10g, so let me know.

brent-konieczny

I would not try the firefish (too cramped IMO). Go for the clown goby, they are easy to please I hear. If I were in your situation I would actually do a neon cleaner goby.

firefishbrain

the thing is I wanna move one of my existing fish to the tank, as for the clown goby it's a clown fish (amphidorous)...he won't get moved. My firesish justs lays in a cave all day and pokes his head out when it's feeding time, he's also harassed a little by my clown, they both want the same area in the tank and my clown (being related to damsels) will not easily give it up, it was just an idea to separate them (the firefish doesn't mind though, he'll get bopped my the clown, then comes out for more once the clown goes to another area of the tank)...I never even wanted a clown at first but I saw him in the store and he gave me those puppy eyes...

aquadrone100377

how big is your fire fish? I thought about putting a small one in my four gallon

like 1-2 inches but I wouldn't put one any bigger than that in a 3 gallon

firefishbrain

he's probly 2-2 1/2 inches, oh well...i won't move him, unless you think I can. btw,I can move all my zoo's yuma, mushrooms, and xenia, right? what other inverts could I put in there, me gonna put my pom pom in there.

aquadrone100377

I'd go ahead and try it but just make sure you keep a close eye on him and if he starts to look like he's going down hill move him back to the larger tank, as for your corals they should be fine, just keep tabs on your bio load

in my tank for inverts I was thinking about either a fire shrimp or a skunk cleaner shrimp, a porceilan crab, and after it's a bit more established amaybe a small feather duster, another good option for inverts in a smaller tank is a group of a few sexy shrimp, I will have three or four in my 2 gallon hex.

firefish in that small of a tank can get hurt easily. if they are spooked, they can jump or dart and cause some serious injury to themselves. i'd stick with a clown or neon goby for that small of a tank.

aquadrone100377

oh yeh that's a good point fire fish are jumpers and if you don't have a tight fitting hood they will try to get out and either end up hurting them selfs or on the foor where they will probably get picked up by a curious pet or suffocate before you can get to them.

brent-konieczny
firefish in that small of a tank can get hurt easily. if they are spooked, they can jump or dart and cause some serious injury to themselves. i'd stick with a clown or neon goby for that small of a tank.

I was thinking the same thing.

firefishbrain

no mine is cool, he's really calm he hasn't jumped in weeks, and that was b/c I closed my drawer (?spelling?) to hard, and even then he doesn't spaz, I'll just have to make a good hiding spot for him, btw, this will also be my expiriment tank for breeding pom pom crabs, mine hides also. my firefish is going in there, and that is my final answer, and yes if doesn't doesn't look to go I'll put him back in my 12g. btw, when could I him permanately healthy so I can add another fish to the 12g? or is that something that can't be geussed, he's never had a health problem and he just likes to hide a day long so, I'm not too worried about swimming space for him, but worried nonetheless.

a clown fish won't be too much bioload for a 3gal?

brent-konieczny
a clown fish won't be too much bioload for a 3gal?

No, not too much load. Too little space unless the clown is uber small.

Archived