ReefCleaners.org

3 gal

anndi

Does anyone have any experience or opinion on these?? They run 50-75 bucks or so with shipping. They are called Deko Kit 3. Nothing extraoordinary but kinda cute. They have 18W PC lighting, and a power filter....any opinions?

post-18930-1143472855_thumb.jpg

awesome, i have the 1 gal one that comes with a 7 watt bulb. whered u find that? i like mine so far but im upgrading (for size purposes only) to a 2.5 but i plan on using it as a fuge.

It's actually on ebay...I haven't yet won an auction for it, but last night one closed for 36.52...and I had bid 35.51...grr... how much is the one gallon?

i picked mine up for like $40 so that sounds like a decent deal. however i ended up spending aqnother $40 on a coralife pc 18 watt lamp because i wasnt satisfied with the lighting. it came with a little black light kinda bulb.

personally the glass. more watts per gal. but thats just me. it also depends on the dimensions. if the 3 gal were more squared than the 2.5 then i might go with that. although i do like how the acrylic tank looks longer but lower, plus rounded corners rule. i preffer a shallower tank with a bigger foot. it would come down to a price issue i guess.

The glass one is 52 dollars shipped. The other one is on ebay, but one closed yesterday for that exact same price including shipping....I totally agree on shallow and bigger footprint. I actually am waiting for an estimate on a custom acrylic that is 24Lx12wx8H

brent-konieczny

I would go with glass because

1. Much better light setup

2. Acrylic is a PITA to keep from scratching

3. The shape is more appealing IMO.

Sea_Of_Treachery

i have that little 2.5g, the filter sucks,and is noisy as hell, and the hood burns your hand when you touch it, IMO not worth it, i should have stuck with just the 2.5, a coralife and a much better filter. also when you turn the lights on, the bulbs flicker for a bit

Ok, how abouts this one....??? Its glass....the sucky thing is that the stinking lighting is only 9 watts....i need to put my own together...

post-18930-1143509829_thumb.jpg

aquadrone100377

or you could get one of these, that's what I got and it's a really nice little tank I'm doing some major upgrading on it though because the filter is only rated for three gallons so I'll be trading it out for an aqua clear 30 to act as a mini fuge and a small hang on skimmer and as for the light since it's a measley 13 watts that will the new light for my two gallon and is going to be replaced by the satillite dual 36 wat fixture. just another option :D

brent-konieczny
or you could get one of these, that's what I got and it's a really nice little tank I'm doing some major upgrading on it though because the filter is only rated for three gallons so I'll be trading it out for an aqua clear 30 to act as a mini fuge and a small hang on skimmer and as for the light since it's a measley 13 watts that will the new light for my two gallon and is going to be replaced by the satillite dual 36 wat fixture. just another option :D

Damn! now I want one of those. I'll try to get my friend to try it instead.

I love that! The only problem with that is you suddenly go from a 50 dollar tank to a nearly 200 dollar tank with the new lighting you are planning.... but dude that will be sweet.....

aquadrone100377

yeh, I know, but it's going to be so worth it once everything is up and running (but I did the math the other day and with all the little extras and stuff it will turn out to be more like 250$)

p. s. see my thread "1.8 gallon hex" for pictures of the four gallon

Archived