Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

another lighting question

angelofdeath132

angelofdeath132

anyone ever deal with AH Supply.com? for those of you who have, i have a question: my tank is a 55 gallon with the 2 strip lights on top that are about 22.5" each. my question is, i'm thinking about getting the 55w retrofit that is 22"L x 4"w x 2"H am i correct in assuming that I can take out the current lighting that is in my strips and place the CF lights into these same strips? do i have this concept right? HELP!! PLEASE!! -once again, as always,thanks to all!! ??? ??? ???

AHSupply are good guys they can probably answer this question better. If the light sockets and wattages are the same I'd say it would swap right out.

hehe, yes angel you have the concept right. Your old light strips get completely gutted and serve as nothing more than a housing for the new lights... using their dimensions for the retro kit if your existing strip lights will accomodate that then you just swap it all out. I'm fitting two of their 13 watt kits into a ten gallon AGA fixture.

lol... well yer most welcome angel! I gave up on that kind of enthusiasm long ago from the Mrs. but what has become more dissapointing is that now my dog even has taken my daily attendance for granted. Glad I could help. ;)

angelofdeath132

o.k., on to another question.:D i plan on going to a 55w retrofit for my 55 gallon from AH Supply.com, not particularly fond of the "blue" look so i'm gonna get the 6400K bulbs.My question,will the 6400K bulbs make my fish look dull and "washed out" in color????

I have the 2x32 watt AH supply retro over my planted freshwater tank with a pair of kribs and they have great color! It only makes the tank look yellow when compared to my 10K/actinic combo on my reef tank...

Archived