Pod Your Reef

New Nano

tam

I know you guys suggest FOWLR to start out with, but how hard do you think it would be to set up a 6 gal eclipse [retrofitted hood] with live sand/rock and corals?

TIA,

tam

:|[if you guys dont think i can do it, ill keep my toes outta the ocean for now and plant the darnned thing with some green neons or something.]:P

I jumped feet first into the hobby. The tank you see described below is my first fish tank, and its doing great after three months. My initial success is in no way symptomatic of what is to come, but I say just give it a try. I do not promote impulsivity though. Take your time, read, and when your ready to start, wait another month and just lurk on this board. Then dive in :) Good Luck

get the 7g glass bow or any other glass tank for that matter the acrylic will drive you nuts imho.

it just takes patience, $$$, and knowledge. you're on your own for the first two but thank Gore for the internet. :P

I guess ill turn this into a planted and give it to my gf or something and ill get a minibow 7. i have a 36 watt JBJ that would probably fit on the mini.

so now if i have the 7 gallon mini with the 36 watts, is the lighting sufficient? ive been lurking around for a long time. havent really posted because i dont really have funds, but im getting a job, so moneys gonna goto insurance, gf, car, fish, and then whatever else i need to pay for :happy:

-tam

36W should be plenty. Especially since you are a beginner, I would stick with beginner corals, ie. mushrooms & polyps. Mostly low to med light corals.

Archived