Innovative Marine Aquariums

60G cubed reef

vthondaboi

Well been a while since I set it up. Just finished re-aquascaping again last night. I mainly took out a 15-20# piece of Tonga Slab to clear up some more sand space.

When I first got it up and running

DSC_0009.jpg

One of my many previous aquascape attempts

tank%203-22-06.jpg

And here's a by-product of last nights demolition. I also switched out my old Hamilton 14k for a Phoenix 14K so perhaps it needs to burn in.

aquascape3-24-06a.jpg

EDIT:

oh yea forgot what's inside

fish

1 blue tang

1 flame angel

1 purple firefish

use to have true perculas but I have the worse luck with true percs, =/

old pic of them hosting the clam

clamclowns.jpg

corals

frogspawn

derasa clam

blue carpet anemone

4 RBTAs =P

3 Acan Lords

1 green scolymia

1 toadstool, trying to sell it off actually

1 frag of superman montipora

few frags of orange monti cap

enough live rock, or so it seems, consists of mainly fiji, tonga branch and slabs

20G sump

AquaC Urchin Pro w/Mag 3

Quiet One 3000 return

2 24" VHO Actinics on IceCap 660

2 4" Fans

Hamilton 250W DE Pendant with Phoenix 14k bulb

2 maxijet 1200s

1 Hydor Flo

one maxijet is sitting behind the rocks on the left side and is pointed at the bottom of the tank to help move deitrius out from behind the rocks

the tank is drilled for a CL but the Quiet One 6000(1500GPH) pump added at least 4 degrees to the tank so I took it out for the time being.

you can track progress at www.vthondaboi.com

the stand/canopy/table is a custom one-off from tranquilscape.com

vt- wow! just checked out your website, man...i can't believe how sweet that 180 was! soooo nice. not that the 60cube isn't nice...but i'm a sucker for a long tank and that tank was fantastic. HUGE acan colony, btw! :) i've still got the acan eye...sad, i know. hope you're well, man.

-danny

Great Tank. Love the larger cubes for their depth and (relative) ease of placement. I think Seaclear or one of acryilc makes one so one of these days...

Sorry to read about your warty. Recently got one in 12g. Great fish!

Awesome cube. May I ask where you got your tank and stand from and how much if you dont mind saying? Im looking for a 24x24x24 cube myself and im having a hard time finding any.

• 2 weeks later...

frigging true percs passed away, can't keep em worth a damn

got some new false percs that were hosting a ritteri and won't touch my anemones

not sure who the tank manufacturer is, but the LFS Tranquil Scape gets tanks from them for 80% of their stuff and they've held up good so far, Tranquil Scape did my stand/canopy/desk also, they have a web site at www.tranquilscape.com

Ugh that's too bad man. You know what. Those percs could almost pass as Onyx Clowns. They were real nice. Did you get those local or internet?

locally, i've found a pretty consistent place locally for true percs, shipping would be a b!tch for y'all though, but they also have plenty of zo's and acans..

• 3 weeks later...
vthondaboi

well here's an update, running out of space and may get a new tank dedicated to shrooms and zoos

tank%204-30-06.jpg

sea man dan

2 differnt anemones huh. The RBTA and something else , either carpet or hanadi (cant tell , and cant spell) Which do your clowns prefer?Also your not worried about chemical warfare?

you love those donuts dont you?what is that 3 or 4 in there. lovely dearsa. good looking tank

vthondaboi

4 scolymias/meat corals and 1 doughnut/owl/cynarina

never worried much about chemical warfare after going to many LFS

now if they were to touch each ther then ugh, but the RBTAs stay up top and the carpet like the sand

Archived