Innovative Marine Aquariums

whats wrong with my fish?

0utkast

Ok before i say this i know how much you guys hate damsels but it was a starter fish to make sure my tank was up and running properly. Now after about 3 weeks in the tank the damsel is dark in color(stressed) and breathing heavily. The tank has been set up for about 2 months maybe. Hes not moving much exept to eat. I do have a bubble stone in the tank and 200gph flow. He was alright until i added the new power head(maybe a coincidence). All my levels look alright but i can only check PH, Nitrite, Nitrate, and ammonia. My snails, hermit crabs, and starfish all act fine. Oh and by the way its a 10G aquarium. The reason for my asking is obviously if it dies I want to get a better and less aggressive fish and dont want to expose it to what the damsel has been exposed too if anything.

Thanks in advance

Well el Diablo died this afternoon. Still cant figure out what it is.....................i do have little bugs running everywhere. I just noticed that today. I will try to post pictures later on when i find my Digital camera cable.

One Eyed Bunny

Sounds like a stress-related death. What caused it I cannot say since your parameters seem to look fine. Possibly just a bit of over crowding? What else do you have in your tank?

Well el Diablo died this afternoon. Still cant figure out what it is.....................i do have little bugs running everywhere. I just noticed that today. I will try to post pictures later on when i find my Digital camera cable.

Somtimes fish just die. it could probabley have nothing to do with your water. The little bugs in your tank are probabley Pods. They are normal to have, every tank has them or should.

Archived