iDD275AAF-6DFB-4C5F-AB43-B8E3718E488E.jpg

Maroon in Anemone

iF469190B-13A4-4B9F-A29F-6BB3924CA778.jpg

Firefish

iCE7B01F9-4305-4506-B67F-BE828C4853EB.jpg

Bi-Color Blenny

i5FC2D3A8-1973-49A1-9898-D70FD1079B6F.jpg

I Take Pictures
I am sad because no one cares about my tank and because I can't summarize anything and have to write a long paragraph no one cares to read. ;)

Alex

:haha:

Those GSP look tight

thats awesome how ur maroon is hosting that small anemone!

good looking tank!

the guy's at jeff's exoctics (zach) kinda got annoyed at me (my gf said he rolled his eyes) cuz i was asking him a lot of questions. oh well, better safe than sorry. this is the one in Gardena. i haven't bothered to check out the other places cuz i know this is their main branch. am i wrong?

ReefApprentice

ezcompany- Yes, this is the main branch, but each store probably has different things.

Alex

ReefApprentice

Today I went to my LFS and they had a sale buy 2 and get 1 free. I got an awesome mushroom rock, about 7 polyps, about 4" by 4" is the rock, a large piece of colt coral, and............a 4" by 5" favite supppperrr green. It was the best thing ever. Each was 40.00, so I spent 80 bucks and got 3 super nice corals. I also bought Essential Organics or something by Kent which will make the favites happy. They are right under my light, like 2 inches away, so I think they will do good. I will post pictures later.

Alex

this might be an observation that is off the mark, but shouldn't there be baffles on the other side so that you reduce the micro bubbles that are going to be retrned to your tank due to the skimmer. Or is my thinking off. Nice photos btw..

ReefApprentice

My skimmer hardly makes any bubbles, and that one baffle should reduce them. How many gph do i need for the pump if it needs to pump 3 feet, and the overflow is 3/4in?

Thanks

ReefApprentice

Thanks, I am probably going to go for a 500gph pump with a 3/4 inch drain hole and an 8 inch overflow. Let me know and if any one has any similar ideas or anything let me know. Thanks

Alex

• 3 weeks later...
ReefApprentice

Gosh...I can't get my nitrates down, they are at 20 and the glass is covered in algae. I wont do a water change so maybe the denitrifying bacteria population can grow on the sand, and I don't know what else I can do. THanks

• 2 weeks later...
ReefApprentice

Update:

My GSP isn't opening, I think I lowered the salinity and made it angry. I found a spaghetti worm and have some pics of that as well.

i03FB8E99-68AA-4978-8157-80C048E3B5E6.jpg

Critisism and Comments Appreciated!

Thanks,

Alex

BTW I am going to the frag swap at Gho's next weekend so I should be getting a bunch more stuff.

Beautiful Tank!

I am looking into a Clear For Life but I have heard bad things about acrylic such as scratching and dificulty of light penetrating the somewhat closed top of the tank. Have you had any problems with this? Thanks

GM

Charlie97L

do you use an algae clip for the tangs? they need veggies. that may be why you are having coloring issues.

looks great!

ReefApprentice

pico1: Thanks, I love your aquascaping.

Garrett: I would stay away from acrylic to be honest. The ligh penetration is not very good. I think I am going to take most of it off somehow.

Charlie: I got an algae clip and after several weeks I notice a huge difference. The Kole never loses color and is much more active.

Thanks

ReefApprentice

Update June 28th.

I went to Jeff's Exotic Fish and got a ton of stuff. Got three chromis, and a diamond goby. In the coral section I got the most awesome brain coral. It is maroon with purple on the ridges. I also got RED frogspawn?! It is insane. Never seen anything like it. I also got some branching hammer, pretty nice as well.

I will post pics later.

Alex

ReefApprentice

Unfortunately my goby decided he was a little to radical for my tank and went carpet surfing. He was inside my stand, shriveled up, so he must have jump out the back and wriggled in.

RIP dude.

Here are some pics:

Brain:

iE89B02A6-C0D2-41F9-AFDC-E46EFA4E4213.jpg

Red Frogspawn:

i9B10FB0F-15C1-4B3D-8E2B-3CA17B48EAD2.jpg

Hammer:

i7BB9805E-F3F7-4F7A-91FA-FA4F386A2B2B.jpg

Chromis:

i5C30E552-B391-4CE5-925A-D984F0785E49.jpg

Obligatory FTS:

i72172C6F-667A-4BB7-8979-8215565DC93B.jpg

Alex

ReefApprentice

Apparently I suck. I want to name my creatures withing my plastic box.....hmmmm.....I just don't know.

• 2 months later...
ReefApprentice

Update:

Fishes are-

Kole TAng

Yellow Tang

Six line wrasse

diamond goby

bicolor blenny

2 blue green chromis

firefish

Corals-

too many to count...will do later

Everything is good. Water changes every other week, and top offs is all I reeally do.

Alex

Archived