inTank Media Baskets

watchman goby

murdoch98

I have a watchman goby in a 12 gal nanocube, with 13 pounds live rock and 10 pounds of live sand. He has been in the tank for three days and is still to shy to come out from under the rocks for more than a minute or two. I still haven't fed him, when i try putting a piece or two of mysis shrimp in the tank it floats around unnoticed and than gets sucked into the skimmer. Any tips on trying to get him to feed? Or will he come out soon? How long can he go without eating? Please help.

Mark

surface skimmer, not protein, i should have clarified. also he is the only fish in the tank so if i put food in the tank and he doesnt come out and eat, it will rot in the tank.

my Yellow clown goby did the same thing when he was the only thing in the tank. leave it there, he'll eat it if hes hungry. he wont starve himself. you just need to back off of the tank and give him some space. my suggestion is get another fish like a chromis to bring him out more

also he is the only fish in the tank so if i put food in the tank and he doesnt come out and eat, it will rot in the tank.

if you arent overfeeding him and you have a good enough clean up crew it wont matter

My yellow watchman likes to eat low in the water. I drop in things that sink to the bottom, such as sinking pellets and tablets. I've never seen him eat off the top

fishybusiness

My watchman would only eat things that drifted in front of his cave for a while. I think adding a fish that is an open water swimmer would definately make it come out more. Mine almost comes to the surface now that I've had my percula clownfish.

clifford513
:angry: I lost my ywg to a hitchhiking crab. Just give him space and time. He will eat when he adjusts to the new surroundings. Try turning off your powerhead when you attempt feeding. Good luck and keep us posted! :)

Archived