Cultivated Reef

ICK ICK ICK

aquaman22

so far in my tank i have had no problems with my tank besides ICK! i bought a clown 4 weeks ago and it got ick and died like 2 weeks later! then i bought a pair of clowns like a week after and now they have ick. My params are all good and the fish shouldnt be stressed so what can i do besides QT to rid the ick on the fish and in my tank?? thanx alot

i hear so much different stuff i dont know at this point i have heard so and i have heard you dont need to my question is how do i get the ick out of my tank?? and off of my fish

i hear so much different stuff i dont know at this point i have heard so and i have heard you dont need to my question is how do i get the ick out of my tank?? and off of my fish

not to scare U ... but next thursday my tank is going to be 5 weeks without any fish.. had the same problem as U... tried use some reef safe copper bullshiet... it didn;t work.. lost a lot of money in fish.. decided set 5.5 gallon tank.. took me maybe 20 minutes.. pull the water from main tank.. add power filter from marineland with bio wheel.. heater.. not LR LS nothing.. just fake corral and PVC pipe.. added CopperSafe ... fish was healthy in 4-5 days.. well no white spots dots at all..but after my friend asked me to quarantine his fish.. my clown got ick again.. so this time decided do hyposalinity.. that way had reason to buy refractometer.. the best $40 which I spent so far :)

I hope next sunday my clown will be back to my main diplay tank.. that means 5.5 weeks no fish in my main display tank.. so I hope NO ICK too.. good luck

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Once you have an infected fish the parasites lie dormant waiting for the next victim.

You are suppose to wait at least one full month including weekends. At that point it's safe to know the parasites are no longer in the free swimming stage.

They are lie dormant in the sandbed in a capsule stage, waiting for ideal parameters to strike again.

If your tank stays clean and you have healthy fish, the parasite doesn't have a chance on taking out your fish.

Hope this helps out.

MG

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

He added the next meal without knowing.... The parasites are going to take him out if he doesn't remove it first....

Archived