inTank Media Baskets

3.5G Tank

veron

Hello, My tank size is 15x9x13 (include 4"sand)

i expected it can keep small organism, crab, shrimp,algae... :P

i will post more picture later...

post-19088-1142519155_thumb.jpg

Hello, My tank size is 15x9x13 (include 4"sand)

i expected it can keep small organism, crab, shrimp,algae... :P

i will post more picture later...

HOLY DBS BATMAN! thats a freaking huge sandbed! take it down 2" accspecially because it is such a small tank, now if it were a 10g, and you wanted a jawfish or something, ok, but this is only a 3.5g! now, if you do take it down 2" a pair of neon gobies, or a clown goby would be cool, there are also some very cool trimma gobies out there.

BTW that wallpaper is frikkin AWSOME!, whoa, just noticed, i assume you are somewere in the orient? i also lke the puppy house! :D

brent-konieczny

I am assuming you were already planning a deep sand bed route. I tried on a 5 gal for 1/2 year with no success and deemed it a waste of tank space. I definatetly would not try it on anything less than 10gal. Is a dsb filtration what you had in mind anyway?

Thank you for your advice!

I don't know How efficiency of deep sand bed for the our small tank so that i want to take this opportunity to try this method. I only will keep one or two small fishes in it (about 2cm long). I hope it don't kill any life.:P

To: NanoGal13

Yes, i come from HK. The dog & house were bought from 7-Seven shop.

:)

Tonight, the water has been clear.

post-19088-1142600561_thumb.jpg

To: NanoGal13

Sorry, I don't mean the following sentence

"BTW that wallpaper is frikkin AWSOME!, " :mellow:

I think she is talking about the bottom of the picture on the wall behind your tank.

Back to your tank; looks good, just remember to get something to stir up that sand so it doesn't become a detrit-a-trap.

This photo is taken on midnight yesterday,i discovered it that movement is very slow but i don't know what is his name? Everybody know his name?

post-19088-1142696211_thumb.jpg

post-19088-1142696235_thumb.jpg

brent-konieczny

It is a chiton (pronounced kite-un). Hundred of species exist and often come with good live rock. I have several in my tank. Good find! :)

lanceleaderx

Yes, i come from HK. The dog & house were bought from 7-Seven shop.

i thought McDonald is the only one has it (in their happy meal)

Every time I see a chiton I think of Naruto, :D

Hello, where are you come from?

You seem very like japan cartoon?

i also like the fighting and Naruto!! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

If i was gunna go for a DSB In a pico I would use a heater cable to create convection currents through the sand and keep the nutrients moving....

Ben

• 5 weeks later...
ElectricMaRbles

is that mandarin getting enough food in there?

also, loving the mini jet, those things are brill. so small, but auch a huuuge gph

Does your mandrin fish eat frozen food? How long have you had him in there?

i didn't give any food to him, i hope the Amphipod can become his food because i saw the Amphipod swim at night.

i didn't give any food to him, i hope the Amphipod can become his food because i saw the Amphipod swim at night.

benny ~ 1.5months

another fish(i don't know his real name) 3 weeks

is that mandarin getting enough food in there?

also, loving the mini jet, those things are brill. so small, but auch a huuuge gph

Sorry , i don't mean what is mandarin ?

This is my new fish, i hope it can keep a long long time.

:mellow:

post-19088-1148140455_thumb.jpg

ElectricMaRbles
Sorry , i don't mean what is mandarin ?

This is my new fish, i hope it can keep a long long time.

first of all that one that eats the amphipods wont survive very long if he doesnt supplement on other foods, other that pods, cause he will eat the entire population of pods in such a small tank very quickly (1~2 weeks i think). then he'll starve and die unless u can move him to a bigger tank with more food.

that other fish you have is a box fish (dont know what kind)

be careful not to stress him, as he may release toxins in the water that could kill everything in the tank, and he mite also get quite big, so be ready to move him out when he grows up!

Nanomaniac

Let me first start off by saying these are my opnions so don't freak out.

Well a 3.5g tank is not big enough for pretty much any fish but if one wanted a fish I would recommend looking into a smallest of Goby species such as Clown, Neon, Masked, Trimma, etc. Keeping water quality high and stable is difficult in such a small tank let alone with a fish thrown in the mix. Keeping three fish in a 3.5g tank is just irresponsible and makes no sense since those fish are going to die from either starvation, stunting, or just bad water quality.

Mandarins feed exclusively on pods although some may be trained to eat prepared foods. Keeping a high enough pod population in a 3.5g tank is nearly impossible and especially with a Mandrin since he will rid the tank of pods before you know it. Mandarins really do require a larger tank with an attached refugium, and the tank needs to be very mature with no other pod eating fish.

Boxfish are difficult fish to keep and get far too large for a 3.5g. When Boxfish are stressed they will release a poisonious substance into the water possibly killing the other fish in your tank.

My last bit of advice would be to remove your current fish(Blenny, Mandarin, and Boxfish) and add a fish that is suitable for this size of tank.

As I said and the beginning these are just my opinions so take them how you want. Good luck with your tank and keep us updated. :)

brent-konieczny

I'm not the kind of person to tell someone to change their setup. I will just say this; if the tank is more trouble to take care of or the fish have problems later, you have brought it upon yourself. I would keep one small fish in that tank.

Archived