Coral Vue Hydros

Sweet porcelain crab?

Chromis

I got two of these in my live rock and they are always filter feeding and never seem to bug anything. I finally got a good picture and thought I'd share...

crab.jpg

yeahhhhhhhhhhh.... X)

ignorance is bliss I suppose. :happy:

Keep tabs on it. they are known and PROVEN predators and will attack fish, corals, worms and snails.

I have had one of these guys (Petrolisthes sp.) for a long time and I haven't noticed them bothering anything. They are primarily filter feeders, but will scavenge and do have the potential to subdue small animals. However, I have a small 6-lined wrass that wedges himself in the rockwork at night that has never been bothered, a collection of small snails that (Euplica, Strompus, Nerita, Cerith, limpets) a decent bristle worm collection, amphipods all over the place...an all the while this little guy posts up next to a good current and filter feeds. He comes running out any time I feed the fish, and I make sure to throw some his way when I feed the tank at night. They should be peaceful additions...besides it isn't like you are ever going to catch them without tearing your reef down.

I had one for a few months, too. I never saw him bother anything. He would just filter feed all day.

Then one day he just disappeared.

.... I miss that little guy.... :*(

Archived