SaltCritters.com

Aqua Vase and Aquatic gardens...

johnmauser

Hi, I'm getting ready to order either the Red Sea aqua vase, or the Aquatic Gardens mini-life aquarium. I can find very little info on the lighting for these. I believe I heard that the aqua vase has 7 watts and you can bend the light down to the water and the aquatic gardens has 5 watts and the light has a fixed height. Is this right???

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, I'm getting ready to order either the Red Sea aqua vase, or the Aquatic Gardens mini-life aquarium. I can find very little info on the lighting for these. I believe I heard that the aqua vase has 7 watts and you can bend the light down to the water and the aquatic gardens has 5 watts and the light has a fixed height. Is this right???

I have an aquavase and yes it is 7W but they have an upgrade bulb 50/50 which is needed for the soft corals. Don't know about the aquatic gardens.

i have the red sea deco one (7 watt) but what i did was chuck the bulb and buy a 13 watt 50/50. i had to do a hack job to make the bulb fit and while it looked ugly it did the job. in the end though i ended up going with a coralife pc with 1X9 watt 10,000k and 1X9 watt 50/50. HUGE difference. depending on what you want to house obviously the 7 watt will work, but for corals you may be better off going with a separate lighting scheme.

Ricky@3rdshift

You can flip the aquatic gardens fixure over on the mounting base with a trim here and ther of the mount and get it close to the water.

ImAnanoReefer

I just used the stock bulb on the aquavase for about 2 years and my shrooms and zoos are thriving! Although i admit that my zoos are pretty brown compared to what they are under tht T5's in my 20L.

• 6 months later...

Archived