ReefCleaners.org

Blue Tang and ICH

falon

I bought a Blue Tang from my LFS on Friday of last week. Acclamaited great and haven't had any problems. Well, this evening the Tang was hovering close to the bottom of the tank and got to looking and saw ICH. All I know to do is a 1 Hour dip in Para Guard by Seachem. I don't have a QT to put him in. I also have a Percula Clown in there with him and he seems fine. I have had the clown for about a month. Any post will be apprieciated.

Falon

I just had a bad case of ich in my tank and my blue tang took the worst of it. I used a medication called KickIch and it worked great. I didn't even have to do any freshwater dips and it was safe for my mushrooms that I had in the tank. I did a 50% water change once a week in the tank and added the medication every other day. Ich is all gone and my blue tang is looking good again. Good Luck

Blue tangs are ich magnets. They are prone to get diseases faster. I heard that they dont have that outer layer of skin that regular fish have. That's why they are prone to get Ich. What size of tank do you have? Could it be that he got Ich from being stressed?

Archived