Cultivated Reef

2.5 gallon

reefan

I dont know about gettin a clam yet. Dave if your read the thread I dont think its that hard to get. As far as circulation goes I will use a Mini-jet pumping 106gph. I will find a way to split this return out of the fuge and run the outputs to different locations in the tank for circulation. Well it has begun I have cut some acrylic for the fuge. Im pretty excited. Thanks for all the ideas guys.BTW Dave I like your bong-aquarium idea.lol

JJ

You could do a small goby in there imo, like a red head or green banded, but that would be difficult. I had hard time convincing myself to keep one in my 4.5g

Originally posted by reefan

I know what you mean by finding the perfect piece. I am lucky enough to live near a large store (that pet place.) And they have a few tanks of rubble to be searched through.

Just a note of caution with lr from That Pet Place. I originally bought my lr from them when I started my tank a year ago, and every piece I got was beyond dead. I was too new to the hobby know that lr shouldn't stink like it did, and I'm not kidding when I say I didn't have one single shread of life on the lr, not even so much as a pod. It turns out the lr they had had just come in the day before I bought it, and had been in transit for a couple weeks, and no one there bothered to tell me. Your experience may differ though, but I figured I would pass my experience along.

yeah, you gotta be careful with 'that pet place'. i saw a blue-ring octopus on sale there once about 3'~4' off the ground (child reach). sheesh! i had to do a triple-take to make sure it was what it was, not that i was going to stick my hand in there to make sure! :o

good dry goods supply and fish (FW & SW) imo. i've always found their inverts to be questionable tho, just my $0.02.

Archived