inTank Media Baskets

New 55g

Shadoe

Hi guys.

I recently setup a 55 gal. I only have 10 lbs of LR. I'm planning on getting 10 lbs, about every other week. A protein skimmer is planned to be added within a couple of days. The LFS said that I could add the LR a little at a time, just do stock fast. As for the protein skimmer, it can be added up to a month after starting the tank. The tank has been running A-Ok for one week. (It is already cycled.) I have one Electric Blue Damsel. I've heard these aren't the best fish because they're aggressive, I like them. :happy: I was needing to know, what else would go good w/ the "EB" Damsel? I also need to know what kind (and how many) of a clean up crew would go good in a 55g.?

Shadoe post-18859-1142239192_thumb.jpg

scarf_ace1981

i'm also planning a 55g set up and one advice i can give is to add all te LR @ once. everytime you add LR there is a small cycle unless your LFS is a block or two away. a skimmer will help in the curing of the LR. i would hold off on getting fish for now. what skimmer do you plan on getting? as for clean up crew astrea,some scarlet and blue legged hermits,nassaurius are the most common. someone else can help you w/ the amounts.

Archived