ReefCleaners.org

Penalty box tank.

technoshaman

After moving everything from my 6 gallon eclipse to my 18 gallon nano I had the 6 gallon full of water with no livestock. I have a tank for curing liverock that a few problem children (all crabs go figure) were in. So currently I decided maybe to put them in this nano and let them wreak havoc on each other. Currently I ahve some kind of giant white hermit with bright yellow eyes and a buch of anemones growing on his shell and a gorilla crab. This sounds pretty wierd but I was going to let aiptasia run rampant and try to pry some of the majanos out of my main tank and let them get established. A true rogues gallery of undesirable but interesting aquatic ne'er do wells. I am tempted to put my huge emerald crab in but stacking that many crabs in a 6 gallon is asking for trouble. Thinking if I keep them well fed it might cut down on fighting?

It would be the exact opposite of the whole attractive (freaky pest anemones), peaceful (crustacean battle royale)nano but what the hell.

Get yourself a mantis shrimp and some chitons and your set. Cool tank, I've messed with the idea myself. A feather duster or two would be good also. Small Urchin?....lots of options. Too keep the fighting to a mind roar the occasional shrimp pellet every day or two will keep those crab bellies full.

Have you ever seen big 4 or 5 inch feather dusters? there awesome maybe some christmas tree kind too. To answer your question, it would add some grace to the tank without corals.

Here's my feather duster. I love this thing. Its about 4 inches across.

A001A009.jpg

hmm sounds interesting but the guy at the LFS told me this particular crab liked to pick apart worms, especially dusterrs and feed the parts to the anemones on his shell. Would be cool to see I'll let him try on the all the mini dusters on that rock. I really need to get a camera this guy is way cool looking.

Archived