Coral Vue Hydros

Canon Powershot Underwater housing

Jamescoop

I got a canon powershot for christmas...and hav ea trip to mexico over spring break (cant wait!) I was wondering if anyone knows about the underwater housings for these. The price is right, however i scuba and the cases say they are rated to only 8 feet...have anyone taken them deeper without bad results (leakage/cracking/etc???) Im all for modifying it too if thats what it needs...

I got a canon powershot for christmas...and hav ea trip to mexico over spring break (cant wait!) I was wondering if anyone knows about the underwater housings for these. The price is right, however i scuba and the cases say they are rated to only 8 feet...have anyone taken them deeper without bad results (leakage/cracking/etc???) Im all for modifying it too if thats what it needs...

There should be some that go down to abt 30m/90ft - I saw people with canon and sony digicams doing it - shop around - perhaps email a dive store.. have fun!

Whoops--

sorry. I have the SD450. The cases for SD400 and 450 only go to 9.8 feet, however the case for the SD500 and SD550 go to 120'. They price difference is about $60.

I think im going to buy the one for the SD550 (main concern is the placement of the buttons inside the case) Since the buttons on all SD400-SD550 are similar, teh only issue is that (from looking at pics) the SD450's buttons are about 4 or 5mm closer to the right of the camera than the 400. This also seems the same for the SD500 and 550, so although my camera will be a little smaller for the case (were talking a difference of 5mm max.) Hopefully i can fit it right. If i lose a few mm on the display thats fine with me. Ill post progress.

Archived