SaltCritters.com

Maintain salinity in 11gal

Tbrew

How can I maintain my salinity in my 11gal?

After it evaporates, salt is supposed to stay in tank, so I add

Ro/di water, tested the salinity, and now it's low.

Please send me your advice

some salt to creep if it sprays up and cakes out of system. It shouldnt be too drastic. You can make up a little water for change that's a degree or two higher than tank currently and let it get up to where you want it gradually. Just don't add salt directly to tank unless it's completely empty. Whatever you do raise the salinity gradually maybe 1 point per day is a good rule I heard.

dont add salt to the tank no matter what. always mix the salt in a container with a powerhead and heater, thne pour into the tank. adding RODI water to the tank will help mantain your salinity. what is the salinity of your water by the way?

I always scrape the crusty's back off into the tank on my brackish and my nano. Believe it or not I get very litle salt creep on my 5.5 . I stay on top of it every day though. and my evep rate is only like 1/4' a week or so. I have the top covered all but about 2 1/2' gap runing the length of the rear on both. ( my brackish is 100g.)

Are people that dumb these days that you would have to ask if I'm putting water from a "fresh tank" into a "salt tank"?

LoL

It's a 125gallon reef tank.

established for about 6months

you're the one having salinity issues...and the way it reads and i quote "So far I just take water from main tank (125 gal)

and use it for top off." it sounds like you're topping off exclusively with saltwater. DJM is just pointing out that you prolly just use a lil big reef water to compensate for the salinity drop. otherwise your tank would be way over SG. HTH

tg

Archived