inTank Media Baskets

Fantasy Nudibranch Ranch

FishyIdea

As I've been researching my first nano (and marine tank), I've been fascinated by all the articles on Aiptasia control. My favorites are on the Berghia nudibranch. I think it would be cool to join the struggle to breed and get these suckers into the field.

Anyway, purely as a DIY training exercise (this rookie knows his limitations), I tried to design a table-top, nano, Berghia farm, or as I call it, The Nudibranch Ranch.

If you want to join in the thought experiment, I've included my diagram below. For those of you venture capitalists in desperate need of a place to put your cash, I hereby foreswear my copyright to this design :P.

p.s. I have a small unused corner of my living room just about the right size for this ;)

man sounds like you have been really thinkin bout it. Heck if i had the resources then i would do it. I read in a magazine somewhere that if u just put a couple apista in a jar with SW in a cabinet for a couple weeks they will reproduce like crazy. So maybe that could eliminate the "refugium" area of the tank. Also, im sure there are more than a couple people who would donate appista to ya. I think it was TFH that recently had a big article on keepin nudibranches. Ill look it up if u are really serious about this. keep us updated :)

Hmmm... interesting... I don't have the resources to attempt it... but thats not why i'm posting.... you see there's a flaw in your plan....

it's called the Nudibranch Ranch.... it would be clever if Nudibranch was pronounced (New Di Branch....) but it's not, it's pronounced (new-di-brank).. sorry about the phonetics... don't know the proper thingamajigs.... sorry to ruin all your clever thinking X) X) X)

It's OK, I pronounce "ranch" as "rank," so it all works out:blush:

hmmm...

Nudibranch Tank

I'm back on track.

P.S.

"Clever thinking" is the best kind to ruin.

Archived