inTank Media Baskets

how does this setup sound?

Sea_Of_Treachery

Sea_Of_Treachery

i think im gonna set up a 2.5g anemone/sexy shrimp only tank. id have maybe 2 of those rock flower anemones, 3 sexy shrimp, lr and sand. for lighting id use the coralife 12" 2x18 pc fixture. that would be more than enough light i assume for these anemones. what should i use for filtration?

sounds kinda scary to me... thats a lot of anemone in a TINY tank. the lighting should be ok to keep it alive, but i'm just not sure it is possible to keep very good water quality in a 2.5g tank filled with carnivores. just my 2 cents though.

brent-konieczny

If the anemones can survive off the light with very little feeding do it. If they need to be supplemented a lot keep only one anemone and keep caulerpa/chaeto in the tank. Find out about the anemones and post back.

although, in such a small tank. it would be easy to target feed an anemone. i'd personally start with one anenome in the tank and see how it fares instead of finding out that all of them start to wither due to a problem.

relax guys - we're talking about flower anemones here - nothing complex, very small feedings needed. the most important part of running a pico tank will be very, very small feedings - I suggest hikari super-soft pellets, the small size is packed with nutrients, and easy to feed very sparingly (like a few pellets/week with that small tank)

If you use adequate live rock that is well-cured it should yield enough pods and mysis shrimp to sustain the inhabitants between feedings.

JMO

snowlancer2720

ok, since no one really replied about the filtration. I have a 2.5 and i use an AC20 which gives pretty good circulation. I also made a hole in the cover for it and put a 25w hydor 6" heater in it, it fits nicely. I only use a little baggy of carbon in there to polish the water a little

Archived