Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Red lesion on six line wrasse

bil2k

Four days ago I introduced a six line wrasse from a very good LFS into my 12g nano. On day 2, I noticed his side fins were tattered just a bit and he had a small lesion on his side. The only tank mates are hermit crabs, an emerald crab, and a blood shrimp. Today the wrasse's fins look the same, but the red lesion is slightly larger. He swims too much for me to get a picture, sorry.

Tank parameters were tested four days ago at the LFS and everything was fine except for some trace ammounts of phosphate and semi low calcium.

Anyway back to the wrasse. As far as behavior he still is swimming around normal.

I'm new to SW so I'm not exactly sure what I should be looking into for this. Anyone?

Thanks.

-Bill

they are next to imposible to catch and since you have nothing in your tank I would wait it out. If it is still there after a week you may have a problem. What do I know I'm still a new.

SaltwaterGoldfish?

Sounds like a bacterial infection of some sort... you should always quarantine new fish for 4-6 weeks...

Get your hands on methylene blue and gentamycin sulfate... Methylene blue is more for stress relief... Gentamycin is strong stuff... most of the meds a LFS carries are pretty weak in comparison.

Cheers,

Joe

To clarify I mean the only tank mates that could possibly hurt him are those animals. I do have corals. I was able to snap a few blurry photos if it'll help.

I can't treat him in that tank with meds right? The only medication I have on hand is Clout. Would that work or is that mainly for parasites?

post-18418-1141862829_thumb.jpg

SaltwaterGoldfish?
To clarify I mean the only tank mates that could possibly hurt him are those animals. I do have corals. I was able to snap a few blurry photos if it'll help.

I can't treat him in that tank with meds right? The only medication I have on hand is Clout. Would that work or is that mainly for parasites?

treat the fish in a covered 10 gallon with a heater... no substrate... throw a towel over the whole thing to reduce stress... you need an antibacterial... check the active ingredient and see what it's good for... you should be able to get erythromycin from your LFS... anything stronger would be better... FYI, acting quickly is the key to keeping this fish alive... the longer you wait the, harder it gets

Archived