Pod Your Reef

Tank Stand at Wal-Mart

MacnReef

Hey there is a tank stand at wal-mart that holds a 20 or 29g tank. I have seen it on websites like lunchbuckets, but does anyone know who it is made by?

Thanx Dave!

I called down there and they did not give me the name. They kept putting me on hold. I guess I could drive down there one night after work, but lately I have been busy. I tried searching their website, but they do not have anything related to fish. I am just trying to get an idea if it is a good quality stand or not.

all i can say is... particle board. i looked at em too for a cheap stand and thats exactly what you get is a cheap stand i wouldnt waste my time but the ones that i checked at my wal mart are most likely thet same as in yours you can always check tho,Chris

speaking of stands at walmart. I found this end table in the furniture section and used it for my new brackish 10 gallon tank. The table measures 20"x20"x20" and it holds a 10 gallon tank perfectly. It cost me 30 bucks and looks really nice and is very stable. A lot better than the 30 dollar iron stand they sell.

The tank is cycling, hince the shrimp. And the plants just got in there because I am treating my other tank for ick:(

I guess I will stop by Wal-Mart tonight and look at the stand. I was hoping to get the manufacturers name so that I could look it up online and maybe get some specs, height!

Oh, well, thanx everyone for the responses.

Saunder or O'Sullivan... it isn't even worth tossing in the fire.

for 30.00 you could get a double decker iron stand. get a nice piece of furnature and put it on top of it. It will really look nicer ;)

Chances are if you have to assemble it yourself or if it has laminante.. the salt water WILL destroy it.

BEST BET: check out second hand shops for a NICE end table or cabinet or small chest of drawers / or night stand of SOLID WOOD.

I have that stand and use it for my 20g.

Of course I forgot who made it, and I misplaced the instructions.

It's only like 27.?? inches high.

Has a dumb "granite"coating on it, which makes it feel like sandpaper.

It cost like $70-80 I think..

Ok, so I found the instructions and it says it is made by IFD (Innovative Furniture & Designs Inc.) Model 1229

And also "Marco group Inc"

I think the outside box says another name as well...

Ahh..I found there website..

More info here http://www.marcogroupinc.com

There website says there stands are made from "powder-coated MDF" ;P........(like I get my stand wet anyways)

Originally posted by Inpha

Isn't that a rather large piece of shrimp for a ten gal... sometimes I think people over do the whole... let something decompose in your tank bit....

it is large, but it is the cheapest ones I could find, and on a college buedget I don't need to be spending 12 bucks on shrimp i wont eat.

Its not your tank so dont worry about it. It still puts in the same amount of ammonia in the tank, it just might do it quicker. I pulled it out this morning when my levels got to around 3-4. No problems. But I really really appreciate your concern.

yep i got that stand. works good for now. i MIGHT make one sometime when i move but it works GREAT. it is basically sealed pretty well so no moisture should get in there.

Lunchbucket

Man am I glad you joined this thread! :) Anyways, can you tell me how tall your stand is? I think someone said around 27" but that seems short. I tried the mfg website, but I couldn't find shat but a picture.

Here it is with the oak top!

Archived