ReefCleaners.org

Lighting a tini tank

xofinnocent

Well im almost finished setting up my 2.5gal/(1.25gal display) system. Its a 2.5 glass tank with a built in filter and sump. Its over kill i know but thats not the issue- right now i have 1 50/50 13 watt pc over the sump, and 2 13 watt lights over the diplay part- you think this is too much light? Il lookign to keep mainly softies- xenia, starpolyps, zoo's

no such thing as too much light just unnecasery light. itll be fine imo only thing is heat? shouldnt be a problem if u use a fan or sumthing but then u fgotta do topoffs etc. kinda a pain oh well hth

nishant

why? if hes only planning on doing softies mainly then he wouldnt really need the extra light, i say make taht 50-50 over the sump a 65k and make the sump a Fuge. thatd be cooll.....

nishant

well the "sump" is a fuge, lol thats why i have 2 - 2 for the main tank , and a 3rd for the fuge that is sectioned off cause it runs 24/7

ah ok its juts that u didnt specify

usually sump means sumwhere to put skimmer heater etc. thanks for clearing hta up cant wait to see the finihsed product

nishant

p.s i could really see sum LEDs doing the actnics here.....

not nessacerily remember, white is the colour or shade or abcence of colour or w.e u want to call it taht reflects all light. so if u think about it it really IS a relfector though the difference between white and a mirror is taht a mirror reflects back more waves than he white color.

nishant

Archived