ReefCleaners.org

My New Tank

Fishobob

Gday Fellas,

Well I am slowly buying the stuff for my new largish nano:

24in*20in*20 which a fug built in the back: so 30 gal tank and 12 gal fug in the back

3 foot high cabinet

250watt 13,000K metal Halide, 40watt NO Actinic in a hood I am building myself

150 or 200 watt ebo jager heater

3 600l/h mini jet power heads for a total of 1800l/h

Weekly 10% water changes, if this doesnt work out I will add a prism skimmer later on

Bout 30kg of good branched rock from Western Australia

Seachem test kits and additives(wanted to use b-ionic but nobody imports it in Australia:( )

Plan on having mostly LPS and a few SPS(over here we cant get many SPS) and a couple of softies and zoo's

Pair of Tomato clowns and a clown goby or a pair of clown goby's

What ya think????

Cheers Fishobob

zzz

Well any suggestions/criticisms? I would like to know what u guys think before its fully up and running so i can change my plans if i need to

So what do ya reckon?

Cheers Fishobob

Anyone willing to help out a lone aussie nano reefer? Everything is almost brought and about to be setup..

So give me some advise or criticism please.......

another aussie on the board woohoo, i wounder how many that makes 4 maybe 5?

Sounds like a good setup.

How much are you paying for those 250Watter from and how much, cause all i can find for the 250Ws are over $400?

Also i think there is a supp. made by kent that is called B-ionic.

Also, have you joined the RTAW message board for us aussies?

Click here for the Marine Aquarium message board for australia

Good to hear there is a few aussies here, wasnt sure if there was or not:

Yeah I got my metal halide setup for $445, little expensive but i know the shop guy well and he's good to me. Could have got 250watt 6500k from other store for 250 but they are pretty crappy. Rather go for the better quality and a guy I can trust.

B-ionic is made by esv and it isnt imported into aus, I wanted it but i would have had to get it shipped from the US, $$$:(

Haven't joined that place though I will do it as I type.

Cheers Mate

Any other comments?

Sounds good! But if you want to save some money, I'd go for a piccolo skimmer inside the fuge area or in the sump if you have one. As far as B-ionic...... well I've heard that C-Balance is very similar, you could try that.

Who makes C-balance? I dont think I'd be able to get it over here because unfortunately we dont have much stuff on offer here, seachem and kent is about all i know of

I think ill stick with the prism, i can get it for $250 wholesale so thats pretty good and its one of the better skimmers we have on offer here

Archived