ReefCleaners.org

Up and Running 25G. Nano:

| ReEFnEwB1E |

| ReEFnEwB1E |

Heres what I got going since yesterday. I would like some comments on the aquascaping because I was thinking of changing it around again... :( Maybe you guys can help. Thanks for the advise in advance!

25G.Tank.0.jpg

I like the rockwork but what's holding it together? One heavy snail or a crab tugging on a rock. Will pull the whole thing down.

Where did you find the table rock. DROOL:)

I like it, but I'm worried about how stable it is too. Do you want to keep the side glass clean, if so it's gona' be hard to do with the rock so close to the glass. It looks like you've got some great pieces of rock to work with! Where did you get it?

| ReEFnEwB1E |

All rocks you see are either tied down with PVC and cable ties or Epoxy glued. I bought the clear kind so you can't see it. As for side glass, I might rethink the design and try maybe getting more closely to the center working outwards.

O and I got the rock locally around here. There is 10#s Marshall Island, 20#s Tonga and 10#s Fiji. It helps to knit pick your rocks from different stores since not one rock is alike in any store. :)

I wouldn't worry about the sides of the tank, unless they are fully visible to the room the tank is in. hell, it will be a great place for corraline to grow (not that it ever grows where you want it to) and it will allow, hopefully, for any algae that wants to grow, to grow there, where it is unseen and, therefore, not an eyesore and not a hassle to deal with.

The rockwork is great and for that reason alone I wouldn't touch it. I spent hours upon hours trying to get my rockwork to look nice and you hit a good design, you might find it difficult to find succes again, with another layout.

• 2 weeks later...

very nice...i love the caves and overall rockwork...if only powerhead wernt so big...also are u going to use antic supplement.r is that just the way the pic came out.....nice tank

| ReEFnEwB1E |

I will be supplementing it with Actinic's yes. The Iwasaki is going through color shifts right now but I know when it's done will be too YELLOW for me so I must use Actinic's to bring some Purples & Blues in. Thanks for the compliments! B)

Yeah, when I started in the hobby I was surprised by how yellow 10000k bulbs looked without actinics. And by how much saltwater I could splash on the suckers while they were on :P.

Looks like a great start. My only suggestion would be to be careful putting your rock that close to the side of your tank. Before long, coralline will completely encrust every surface in your aquarium. And having rock that close to the glass on the sides makes it difficult to clean.

On the other hand, with my old 55, I basically let the coralline completely encrust the back and sides of the tank because I loved the look. So, you could always just go with the "I'll only clean the front glass" attitude and be fine. :) Have fun!

| ReEFnEwB1E |
Originally posted by Xwhite

Yeah, when I started in the hobby I was surprised by how yellow 10000k bulbs looked without actinics.  And by how much saltwater I could splash on the suckers while they were on :P.

Looks like a great start.  My only suggestion would be to be careful putting your rock that close to the side of your tank.  Before long, coralline will completely encrust every surface in your aquarium.  And having rock that close to the glass on the sides makes it difficult to clean.

On the other hand, with my old 55, I basically let the coralline completely encrust the back and sides of the tank because I loved the look.  So, you could always just go with the "I'll only clean the front glass" attitude and be fine.  :)  Have fun!

LOL~!! ;)

Archived