inTank Media Baskets

Clown fish personality do they have any?

cenzo

My clown fish is doing well I feed it two times a day reg flake food, my question is will this fish ever go into the rock and

explorer a little it always seems to stay at the top of the tank and just wiggle?

when I turn the lights off at night you would think it would find a nice spot in the rock to hide NOT

it stays at the top OF THE TANK!!!!!

Im looking to trade him in im thinking I was better off with a goldfish in a bowl no personality at all

Both of Mine goes in the rocks and explores all over the rocks! It just takes soem time. And dont feed soo often, 2x a da is a lot! u need to keep those trates down, and if u dont watch u may get the hair algae!!!!!!!!!

when I bought my clown, all he did was sit at the top of the tank, especially at night. Now, he explores everywhere and has become quite a little character, becoming extremely territorial and nipping my hand whenever I clean the tank.

I had a false perc for about 2 months, the only fish in the tank. I had a 10 gallon nano, Fish only tank, which was pretty ugly, but still healthy. He did the same thing, sit at the top of the tank. 2 months later, I added another percula. As I was soaking the bag in the water, my old perc looking like he was rubbing noses through the bag with my new perc, and swimming all over the place. My two percs then showed way more personality IMO. I honestly thing the damn thing was just lonely. I am not saying buy another perc (depending on tank size) but I would recommend it. In my FO tank, I had two percs that lived healthy and happy for a long time.

my perc has taken the surface as a host as well. It has been swimming in the front of the tank, on the surface for well over three months. Pretty funny behavior and, although I don't ever see it hit the rocks, it does move around a bit. I think that behavior is indicative of just how bizzare these fish can be and thus, are named clowns.

Oh and mine nips at me all the time for simply trying to clean up the tank. I am a space invader I guess.

In a tank with much bigger, meaner fish (My 4" Flame hawk, "ripped" the pec fin off of a good size sleeper goby right before my eyes.......he bleed out and didn't make it), my little ocellaris (1-1.25") doesn't take crap from anyone! I think he's the only fish that my Hawk respects in the entire tank. Like yours, mine wallowed in the corner for a week or two, and now, ALL 45ga are his! Like several other peeps have said, he still prefers the corner at night. As for feeding: flake, marine max cube, and brine (as a treat).

I have noticed that my Ocellaris likes to play in a powerhead that flows into an open mid water area of my tank. He will swim slowly just on the edge of the fastest flow and then slip into it and speed up really fast, letting it push him back and then speeding up again. I noticed when I moved the powerhead to flow more into a corner he tended to still sit on the edge of the flow and play but he stayed up in the corner more and didn't move as much since there was limited space in the corner. Once I moved it back toward the open area he resumed spending his time throughout the middle front of the tank playing (or what looks like playing anyway).

sounds like they have a personality some what I had mine for about three weeks now Im not looking to place any more fish so I'll just wait and see.

Thanks for the help

Archived