Top Shelf Aquatics

Clown Not Doing to Well. Help

voodoo

My second clown is acting like it 's partner did before it died. She either lays on the bottom or rests at the top, some times with its nose out of the water. Parms are ammo o nit 0 nat 10 ph 8.2 sg1.023. Fred my green cromis is fine. I bought the clowns together 2-3 weks ago. Also looks like some of the slime coat is coming off, and on the left side the latteral line appears whiter. She is only an inch long and was swimming around, and feeding happily. All my corals snail, crabs, and one cleaner shrimp appear to be fine. I don't think it could be hole in head. Any ideas. Also I have dosed with kent liq reactor a couple times.

brent-konieczny

Sounds like the same thing that happened to my last clown that died. It just got stressed and died in one day. Im sorry I don't know what to do other than

keep the current down and maybe dim the lights to relieve some of the clown's stress.

It is either a lack of dissovled oxygen or lateral line disease (per your descriptions)

Remedies:

1. get a powerhead or air pump with an airstone to oxygenate the water

or

2. Check this link for info on lateral ine disease. I don't personally know much about it.

Archived