Coral Vue Hydros

Clownfish needs help please!

scervera

Hi Guys,

really need your help on this one, not sure what to do for the best.

I have a pair of common clowns in a 11 gal tank which seemed fine for ages. Then one of them started to lose its balance, but was still feeding. After a couple of days the fish was completly unable to keep in a normal position in the water, staying mostly on the bottom on its side and when it does swim, it does so on its side. No other obvious problems on it apart from this, also it has now stopped feeding.

The other clown seems to be in perfect health, and all water params seem ok (ph8.2, No2 0, No3 20, SG 1.022, temp 23C).

Now it has stopped feeding and seems to be getting worse, what do you guys think is the best thing to do for it. BTW my local lfs has no idea what the cause. Hope you can help!!

air bladder infection. either that or he had a stroke, but im guessing the former. ive read where its caused by impacted food that gets into the air bladder but im not sure on the details, but read up on air bladder infections. that might explain why he stopped eating.

I had a clown that did that. He was swimming vertically almost all the time. Then I discovered the other clown beating up on him and I think that may have caused or at least made the problem worse. For what it's worth, the little guy didn't make it. Good luck.

Archived