Cultivated Reef

pico people may like this

Sea_Of_Treachery

That's so neat! I love tiny tanks and that's a nice little package but I don't think I'm ready to try and keep something that small yet :)

ACB-

Give it a go! Heck, for $45 dollars, you can buy a 1g Candy Cane XL combo (acrylic tank, about .8g) with a light and HOB filter (26 bucks total). Buy another light for it, add water, rubble, and sand from your 30g tank, and a few shrooms, zoas, whatever. Just add a thin layer of sand for looks (unless you go with a tank larger than 3g)

I did this with stuff out of my 6g NC, and carried it to work (I walk 22mins to work) on a cool october day last year in a medium tuperware container. Tank is doing great, I do 15% water changes twice a week. Xenia, zoas, GSP, a couple shrooms, hermit crab, two snails. Easiest tank ever, keep it at ambient temps around 74-76 degrees. Doubling the light for anything 7w-9w is a must to keep the easy softies happier.

Crap! they removed the 2.7g version of this tank from their website! I was sooo going to buy that.

snowlancer2720

nice, their 2.5 for $45 bucks, 36w of light, you really cant go that wrong with it...it even comes with one of those stick on thermometers, hahaa

Archived