inTank Media Baskets

best places to order pico-sized coral packs?

goldendreamer

Kingofthejungle

not sure about pico packs, but there are many people in the classidieds who frequently sell small frags, you could try there

i go to my LFSs and carefully search out all the loose corals and stuff that broke off, then ask if they will sell me them for my pico. they usually charge me from 5 to 10 bucks for each piece whatever it is.... ive picked up a tiny frogspawn about half an inch for 10 and some really cool colored shrooms for 4, ive also picked up some half inch monti cap frags for like 10. most clumps of zoos ive bought were like 5 to 8 bucks...ive also got some xenia that was dying and looked like just a glob of mush and now its like 5 inches tall. i do alot of propagating though so ive cut a 4 dollar purplebluish shroom into 4 pieces and now i have a rock full of them. the sales guys usually dont like it when i ask to buy all the small pieces but i could really care less. its really worth it in my opinion because i spend way less and get more variety, and before i know it everything has multiplied and gotten bigger.

seacrop (sponsor), her rescue frags are perfect sizes.

coral dynamics (sponsor), appropriate sizes.

both of these are to some extent aquaculturers too, so environmentally speaking they're good imo.

farms of the sea (aka thesea.org), had small frags. i'm not sure if blane's even still in business though or just the website's going. $$$

i'm sure there are others but those are the nano-sized frag suppliers i dealt with. i highly recommend the first two though (seacrop and coraldynamics). hth

brent-konieczny

I do the same thing as mosquedaj. I recently got a frag with about 7 zoos for $5, a blasto wellsi with 4 heads for $20, and a decent size hairy mushroom for $10. Check the sand very carefully. I would even ask for a single zoo on the sand. It might be annoyingly time consuming for the guy at the lfs so just give him a couple bucks each time for his patience.

Archived