Coral Vue Hydros

Rainy Day Light Project

Masoch

I saw a hammer coral the other day and decided that I have to have one. Right now, I have a 55 watt PC over my standard 20 gallon ... which seems fine for my new additions (some mushroom coral, button polyps, and red macro algae) ... but I'm thinking the hammer will need another 55 watt light.

Which leads me to ... this kit, http://www.hellolights.com/1xbalkit.html . It should fit into my Allglass fixture as long as I shimmy my existing bulb over. But ... HelloLights doesn't ship to Canada. Does anyone know of something comparable within Canada? JL and Big Al's are a bust ... but maybe somewhere else would have it. Even if there were something at Home Depot that wouldn't get fried by a little water.

Thanks in advance!

This is an easy one.

www.aquariumpros.ca is the canadian distributer of hellolights. Although their markup on mh is a lot. If you notice theres not much price diff between a 175 mh retro and 2x55 retro on hello lights but its a huge difference at aquariumpros A lot of ppl have had gd success with them.

Theres also mops, who sell the coral life fixtures a lot cheaper than big als.

Interesting offer ... how much for shipping to the Great White North (Toronto)? Shipping frags, if'n I even had any, to California probably wouldn't be a great idea in the dead of winter ... the frags might end up ... well ... dead :P Plus the hassles of moving livestock cross-border ...

Oh, and what does the ballast look like? I think I can probably scrounge everything else I need.

Archived